Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 79   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports  (Read 155639 times)

0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #900 on: December 04, 2007, 06:33:35 am »

You're over-selling Lastings, but your point remains a solid one: Omar Minaya is not very good.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #901 on: December 04, 2007, 07:33:07 am »

I'll admit, I'm playing toward the ceiling of Milledge's potential, yes.

But it's still his potential.

The players he was traded have proven where they topped out at.

Solid back-ups, journeyman millionaires, rich off their polite mediocrity.

Who knows what he could have been, still could be?

Or, perhaps, I just identify with prodigies who've been kicked to ground for not paying off immediately and  for being loud-mouthed and over-enthusiastic while they were not immediately paying off.

Perhaps I grew up, too, in orange black and blue. Forty-four being the number of Syracuse Orangemen, the number of Mark Twain's Mysterious Stranger and the number he wore on his back when he was in Queens, when they could've been kings.

Y'know. Just perhaps.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #902 on: December 04, 2007, 02:57:56 pm »

Man, fuck Tom Brady.  Fuck that guy right in his ear.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #903 on: December 06, 2007, 10:12:08 am »

Have I mentioned that Bill Belichick is a Sith Lord here yet?

Because he is.

He's usually better at hiding it, though.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #904 on: December 06, 2007, 03:50:05 pm »

How much must the Baltimore D hate Billick now?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #905 on: December 06, 2007, 04:08:35 pm »

Quite a lot, actually.  Before the Patriots game there was apparently a lot of sniping in the press how the offense wasn't carrying its load.  After the game, when asked about the stupid 4th-down timeout (called by the defensive coordinator, actually), and the defensive guys were just like "That's something the coaches did.  I can't say anything about it."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #906 on: December 09, 2007, 02:36:26 pm »

Well, here it is... last week of the fantasy regular season... six teams competing for two more spots in the playoffs. Lots going on over there.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #907 on: December 10, 2007, 04:27:21 am »

Did I somehow fluke into the 6-seed with a record of 6-7-1... or did I do my math wrong?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #908 on: December 10, 2007, 05:02:59 am »

Did I somehow fluke into the 6-seed with a record of 6-7-1... or did I do my math wrong?

You suck.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #909 on: December 10, 2007, 05:05:39 am »

You suck.
Did someone pee in your cereal this morning or something?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #910 on: December 10, 2007, 05:09:06 am »

Did someone pee in your cereal this morning or something?


Shaddup you.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #911 on: December 10, 2007, 06:20:27 am »

Hey, I ain't braggadoshin'. I'm seriously surprised.

I really sucked at first and if I somehow squeaked into the playoffs at the end... with a hair below .500 record no less... I'm more surprised than proud.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #912 on: December 10, 2007, 04:42:38 pm »

I suppose this means Just Vince Young misses the playoffs by a hair. Not bad considering I made one move all season, and that was to pick up the wrong Adrian Peterson.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #913 on: December 10, 2007, 05:34:25 pm »

Hey, I ain't braggadoshin'. I'm seriously surprised.

I know.  Just venting.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #914 on: December 11, 2007, 12:28:47 am »

He should be a well rounded criminal by then.  All kinds of networking should be available to him.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 79   Go Up