Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 79   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports  (Read 155747 times)

0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #975 on: December 21, 2007, 09:34:44 pm »

Hey, thats only like 19 more interesting blog articles to find!
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #976 on: December 21, 2007, 10:11:30 pm »

Good Lord, Mr. Keith, you are hella canned.

I now both know why Willie Randolph sucks so bad and why he thinks Luis Castillo doesn't suck.

(Luis Castillo definitely sucks, by the by, even if he was pretty good like 10,000 years ago.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #977 on: December 21, 2007, 11:14:21 pm »

That article is pretty funny, but there's a few things wrong with it. It contradicts itself about strikeouts and unintentional walks. How is it that gritty players would put the ball in play so often while simultaneously drawing a ton of walks? They don't. Gritty players don't walk. That shit's for pussies and Albert Pujols. Gritty players bunt, pop up to the second baseman and strike out because they're choking up on the bat so much there's nothing to hit the ball with. The fact that the grittiest player-season of all time had an OBP over .400 kind of makes you scratch your head.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #978 on: December 25, 2007, 07:26:15 pm »

Good luck sort of not really, Walrus.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #979 on: December 25, 2007, 10:39:14 pm »

Good luck sort of not really, Walrus.

Dude my whole team just shat out its bones and got pu$$y implants. What a great time to drop the ball, guys.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #980 on: December 31, 2007, 10:01:16 pm »

Why couldn't I have had a good week last week?!?

Plus, I told you the Monkeys would pass us all.  Anyhow, I have a 2 and a 3 finish in this little fantasy sports thing we got going on and you can mark it down now, I am winning next baseball season.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #981 on: December 31, 2007, 10:51:24 pm »

Congratulations Monkeys!

I would trash-talk your Clearly Untrue Statement about next year's fantasy baseball as I will surely be winning but... it's still 2007 for God's sake and I'm not quite so crazy as to get to the trash talking quite yet.

I would seriously dig TOUAMB fantasy baseball being even bigger next year, the shallower the talent pool, the more fun it is.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #982 on: January 02, 2008, 03:12:52 am »

It's so cute to see the little people arguing over who will win fantasy baseball this year. Now if you don't mind, I have a pretend trophy to go polish.

(I drank beer out of it last night. It's disgusting.)

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #983 on: January 02, 2008, 04:21:19 am »

We must look forward, you see, in the face of Great Failure.

This is all we have.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #984 on: January 02, 2008, 07:55:51 pm »

Congratulations Monkeys!

Um, who owns the Monkeys then?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #985 on: January 02, 2008, 08:48:44 pm »

Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #986 on: January 02, 2008, 09:13:57 pm »

OK, cool.  Congrats Nabu!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #987 on: January 03, 2008, 03:25:51 am »

Thanks, all! I couldn't get on line during the time in Vegas because the Hard Rock sees fit to charge extra money for just about everything other than breathing air (because, of course, they can't do that as the only air the provide is thick with cigarette smoke). So, yeah, wanna get on line? $12/day. Go to the gym? $20/day. Coffee and water for breakfast? $30. Jesus fuck, people.

Anyway, thanks for the congrats. I enjoyed it, although I had to cross my fingers with the lineup since I didn't really have the resources to double-check it. Well, I did, but fuck whoever owns that casino.

Also, please try not to forget that we are still playing hockey. Anyone? If you want me to play baseball next year and be a tomato can for you, you have to play hockey now. I will try to provide some more Vegas info later if anyone is interested.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #988 on: January 03, 2008, 04:33:33 am »

The Walrus refuses to recognize you as the football champion. Also, I tried to join hockey a while ago and it said it was too late to join.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #989 on: January 04, 2008, 12:13:55 am »

Yeah, that's the tough part about having a hot team's players - they get you all the way there, then when you need them the most, they play one series and then replace the helmet with the ballcap.

I'll be sitting here plotting my revenge until next year - I don't have the patience for fantasy baseball.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 79   Go Up