Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 79   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports  (Read 155733 times)

0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #990 on: January 04, 2008, 03:04:09 am »

The Walrus refuses to recognize you as the football champion. Also, I tried to join hockey a while ago and it said it was too late to join.

Why don't you just change your login here to Walrus, so I can continue to know who the fuck you are. So, Spider-penny, is it?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #991 on: January 04, 2008, 05:29:44 am »

Ha ha! Once again, my worst fuck*ng player? Oh yes, you know he's on the can't cut list. Fuck me in the ear!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #992 on: January 06, 2008, 11:01:36 pm »

Time to bring playoff football discussion back where it belongs. Themed soda beverage threads are no place for talking about juiced-up Samoans trying to kill each other.

Anyways, Seahawks! I'm super-excited they're going to Green Bay next week. Now Matt Hasselbeck has the opportunity to vindicate himself after that ridiculous prediction a few year back. You remember, right? "We want the ball and we're going to score!" Except... no. Interception, Packer touchdown.

I would die if he did the exact same thing, tacked on a "for reals this time," and proceeded to make every cheese-head in Wisconsin cry. Of course, this isn't going to happen thanks to his gimpy wrist, but one can dream.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #993 on: January 06, 2008, 11:43:32 pm »

Fuck the Seahawks. I'm getting sick of the Redskins dramatically earning their way to the playoffs, then getting bitch-slapped in Seattle. I don't know what it is about that fuck*ng place, man.

I don't have a team anymore to root for - the two I would pull for were both eliminated Saturday. Of the remaining teams, the only ones I don't pretty much hate are the Chargers and the Packers. With just my luck, it'll be the Seahawks and the Colts in the Super Bowl. If that were to happen... I dunno, man, I might watch something else.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #994 on: January 06, 2008, 11:46:46 pm »

There is always rooting against the Patriots.

There is a douchebag who put the pretty lady tied up on the rail-tracks and he is twirling his moustache as we speak. It is always solid to at least boo him lusty-like.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #995 on: January 07, 2008, 12:15:44 am »

See, there's a part of me that wants to see it happen, just so that we don't get the same "Well, I guess those members of the '72 Dolphins can crack their champagne open" lines every goddamn year. Even though every year it's busted as a myth, it still gets said over and over and over. I wonder if they make it happen, if next year the line will be "Well, I guess those members of '07 Patriots are getting their champagne ready." To which someone will probably reply, "Doubtful - they take the field in twenty minutes."

I have $100 coming to me if the Colts don't win the Super Bowl this year, so they're #1 on the shit list.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #996 on: January 07, 2008, 12:26:20 am »

Somehow, I don't see the Colts winning in Bahhhhhstan in the middla January.

Your benjie is probably safe no matter what.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #997 on: January 07, 2008, 12:48:44 am »

Belichick's not even bothering to hide his Sith powers any more.  Their winning the Super Bowl is inevitable.

I mean, I'm rooting for an unprotected thermal exhaust port as much as the next guy, but seriously.  Every break goes the Patriots' way.

If the Baltimore game didn't prove that, nothing will.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #998 on: January 07, 2008, 12:49:23 am »

Somehow, I don't see the Colts winning in Bahhhhhstan in the middla January.

Your benjie is probably safe no matter what.

Especially, y'know, as it's gonna be the Bolts who go to New England and all.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #999 on: January 07, 2008, 12:56:55 am »

I dunno, Nab... that win over the Titans... hm.

If you look up "unimpressive playoff win" in the Rhyming Becktionary and you're gonna find a picture of the Chargers in that game.

The Titans lost that game a LOT more than the San Diego Super-Chargers got 'er done, as it were.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1000 on: January 07, 2008, 01:31:43 am »

I dunno, Nab... that win over the Titans... hm.

If you look up "unimpressive playoff win" in the Rhyming Becktionary and you're gonna find a picture of the Chargers in that game.

The Titans lost that game a LOT more than the San Diego Super-Chargers got 'er done, as it were.

I won't argue with that, but I think they'll be a lot more relaxed vs. the Colts. Also, they beat the Colts this year in the regular season. We'll have to see if 85 comes back.

I'd much rather the next game was against the Colts than either Jax or NE.

The last time I was in Vegas was for the SD win against Pitt in '94. All the signs are there, baby!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1001 on: January 07, 2008, 01:37:18 am »

Oh, I'm not saying they don't have a viable chance...

I'm just saying, if I had to bet, I'd be bettin' Colts.

They have a lot better chance than the Giants over the Cowboys, certainly, despite the delusional protestations of Giant fans on my favourite Mets messageboard.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1002 on: January 07, 2008, 02:00:48 am »

Fuck the Seahawks. I'm getting sick of the Redskins dramatically earning their way to the playoffs, then getting bitch-slapped in Seattle. I don't know what it is about that fuck*ng place, man.

What's up with it is Santana Moss giving up on a route, and failing to notice that Collins was throwing him the ball anyway.  That interception was really the back-breaker, but if Moss had kept running his route it probably would have been an incompletion and the 'Skins would still have had life.

This weekend's games scarcely matter, though, because I expect all four home teams to hold serve next weekend.  I give Seattle a puncher's chance at Green Bay, because I think the Packers aren't as good as their record would indicate, but otherwise, these games will be jokes.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1003 on: January 07, 2008, 02:22:24 am »

I would like to point out that finally, after 72 pages, we've veered pretty well off-topic. The only thing so powerful that it could derail Pretend Sports, as it turns out, is Real Sports.

Santana's miscue was a deal-breaker, to be sure. I really want to go out and buy a new Redskins jersey, but damned if I can think of a player whose number I want to wear. I had this problem the last time, and solved it by going old-school and getting an Art Monk retro jersey. Portis? Fumbles too damn much. Moss? Bleh. The quarterback? We probably won't know until the Thursday before Week 1 who the QB will be. Taylor? Everyone rocks the 21 now, and though it's for good reason, the point is to get a current player's number.

Maybe I'll go retro again and get Chip Lohmiller, the kicker from the last Super Bowl winning team. Did you know that the Colts were so terrible that year, that Chip outscored that entire team by himself? Man, I miss the days when the Colts sucked ass.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1004 on: January 07, 2008, 02:25:08 am »

This is only because Pretend Hockey confounds us and...

Pretend Baseball and Pretend Football are both inactive.

Oh man, when Pretend Baseball is back. Oh. Man.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 79   Go Up