Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 79   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports  (Read 156601 times)

0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1020 on: January 09, 2008, 02:35:47 am »

Ah. Ok.

Not in the sense that I'm all "Yay, Racism! Boo, people other than me!" But what I AM is "Boo, political correctness!"
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1021 on: January 09, 2008, 02:40:53 am »

Not in the sense that I'm all "Yay, Racism! Boo, people other than me!" But what I AM is "Boo, political correctness!"

That's cool. We should probably just set this to the side. I was going to get into it, but I really don't feel like it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1022 on: January 09, 2008, 03:21:35 am »

To me, there's a pretty huge difference between modern political correctness with its handicap parking spaces and hyphenated last names and, you know, painful relics of an era when entire peoples were subjugated en masse and treated like subhumans.

Edit: Whoops. Looks like Nabu has declared this off-limits. Consider this my fleeting two cents!

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1023 on: January 09, 2008, 03:40:04 am »

To me, there's a pretty huge difference between modern political correctness with its handicap parking spaces and hyphenated last names and, you know, painful relics of an era when entire peoples were subjugated en masse and treated like subhumans.

Edit: Whoops. Looks like Nabu has declared this off-limits. Consider this my fleeting two cents!

The sign says Pretend Sports. We've done this right for hundreds of posts, dont fuck it up now.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1024 on: January 09, 2008, 04:01:01 am »

I have a bit of Native American in me (? is that how you say it, I am a small percentage Native American, etc. though not involved in the culture at all) and the Redskins are my favorite team.  I don't know, they were my favorite team before I knew anything about anything, you know?  Kind of hard to stop that.

Not as hard as to stop The Happy Chemicals next year in fantasy baseball though!  We really need a pretend sport, or we will never catch up with Today I'm Gonna... in length or topic stayability.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 04:39:33 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1025 on: January 09, 2008, 04:40:35 am »

The sign says Pretend Sports. We've done this right for hundreds of posts, dont fuck it up now.

The heated discussion on the merits of bunting from 20 pages ago says hi!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1026 on: January 09, 2008, 05:08:29 am »

The heated discussion on the merits of bunting from 20 pages ago says hi!

Hey, who doesn't like bunting? 

We hang some up between the columns of our porch every July.  It also looks nice on the front of the speaker's table at a fancy banquet.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1027 on: January 09, 2008, 06:09:06 am »

I have a bit of Native American in me (? is that how you say it, I am a small percentage Native American, etc. though not involved in the culture at all) and the Redskins are my favorite team.  I don't know, they were my favorite team before I knew anything about anything, you know?  Kind of hard to stop that.

Not as hard as to stop The Happy Chemicals next year in fantasy baseball though!  We really need a pretend sport, or we will never catch up with Today I'm Gonna... in length or topic stayability.

fuck*ng HOCKEY GODDAMNIT
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1028 on: January 09, 2008, 06:19:08 am »

Also, the Falcons want to interview Pete Carroll. Haaaaaa haaaaa ha ha ha haaaaa ha ha!

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Hah hah!

Oh jesus my stomach hurts.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1029 on: January 09, 2008, 06:30:45 am »

Also, the Falcons want to interview Pete Carroll. Haaaaaa haaaaa ha ha ha haaaaa ha ha!

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Hah hah!

Oh jesus my stomach hurts.

Whoa!  Couldn't they get ahold of Wayne Fontes?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1030 on: January 09, 2008, 06:46:38 am »

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Hah hah!



I'm phoning it in.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1031 on: January 09, 2008, 03:32:08 pm »

Art Shell is free.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1032 on: January 09, 2008, 03:39:10 pm »

Art Shell is free.

Oh surely they would pay him something.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1033 on: January 09, 2008, 06:41:21 pm »

Quick question - is anyone actually actively involved in the hockey league other than me? I notice one of the lineups boasts 4 gentlemen on injured reserve (three guys out 2 more months and one indefinitely) and one guy who currently plays for the Lake Erie Monsters.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1034 on: January 09, 2008, 07:04:29 pm »

I would caution you about letting your guard down regardless.  Melack's pretend football team beat me handily in Week 8 or something with guys on byes and out due to injury.

PM Somebody nice and shame her into paying attention.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 79   Go Up