Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 79   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports  (Read 156078 times)

0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1095 on: January 22, 2008, 02:17:57 am »

I will be cheering the hell out of the Giants for the next two weeks, right up until the Patriots score 21 points in the first 3 minutes. At that point I will turn off the TV, go outside and take a walk through the park.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1096 on: January 22, 2008, 02:47:00 am »

Fuck it. Go Jints.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1097 on: January 23, 2008, 03:48:01 am »

Double-post, sure, but let me ask y'all this:

If you were a football coach, what are the odds you'd take a job with my personal favorite team, the Chargers? Let's see - last year they finished with the best record in the AFC and the head coach got the hook. This year, they played in the AFC championship, and they fired two coaches. The WRs coach? Gone. And, the guy who coached 'em up to having the rushing title this year (RBs coach)? Also gone. Jesus. WTF?

Coffee's for closers, motherfucker.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1098 on: January 23, 2008, 04:03:21 am »

Looking back on that game, Nab, I'm astonished at how safely it was coached... now granted, their offensive key players were mangled but... you can't win friends with salad and you can't beat the Patriots with field goals.

I have to assume that those were the calls of the offensive coordinator and headcoach, though.

Perfect storm in an imperfect world. Definitely not the fault of the positional coaches, though.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1099 on: January 23, 2008, 05:17:03 am »

Looking back on that game, Nab, I'm astonished at how safely it was coached... now granted, their offensive key players were mangled but... you can't win friends with salad and you can't beat the Patriots with field goals.

I have to assume that those were the calls of the offensive coordinator and headcoach, though.

Perfect storm in an imperfect world. Definitely not the fault of the positional coaches, though.

Yeah. I'd say that was an example of throwing a couple guys under the bus. Those guys called zero plays and coached the shit out of some great players. If Michael Turner isn't starting for another team next year I will be stunned.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1100 on: January 23, 2008, 07:03:47 am »

The writing at Fire Joe Morgan can be pretty hit or miss (like any time they use the woefully pointless WHIP to back up their arguments about a pitcher), but they hit the nail right on the head with this latest response to Woody Paige's mind-boggling column on Brett Favre. Holy fuck is that thing a trainwreck.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1101 on: January 23, 2008, 03:10:11 pm »

Looking back on that game, Nab, I'm astonished at how safely it was coached... now granted, their offensive key players were mangled but... you can't win friends with salad and you can't beat the Patriots with field goals.

Gregg Easterbrook went off on this, as I expected him to.  The Chargers punted three times in Patriots' territory, most gallingly at the Pats' 36, 4th and 10, down 9 with 9:36 to go.  Yeah, 4th and 10 is rough, but WTF.

Also, Hitler is a Cowboys fan.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1102 on: January 23, 2008, 03:12:59 pm »

Gregg Easterbrook went off on this, as I expected him to.  The Chargers punted three times in Patriots' territory, most gallingly at the Pats' 36, 4th and 10, down 9 with 9:36 to go.  Yeah, 4th and 10 is rough, but WTF.

Also, Hitler is a Cowboys fan.

Oh I was hell of screaming at the TV on those punts, believe me. "How many more fuck*ng games are there if you don't win this one, assholes?"
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1103 on: January 23, 2008, 04:28:58 pm »

Gregg Easterbrook went off on this, as I expected him to.  The Chargers punted three times in Patriots' territory, most gallingly at the Pats' 36, 4th and 10, down 9 with 9:36 to go.  Yeah, 4th and 10 is rough, but WTF.

Also, Hitler is a Cowboys fan.

That is simply amazing.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1104 on: January 23, 2008, 04:45:29 pm »

I have just passed this one along to a Mets message board filled with Giants fans.

I am sure they will love it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1105 on: January 23, 2008, 05:00:34 pm »

Did everyone see the Dallas-Giants yawn remix? I can't find it presently.

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1106 on: January 24, 2008, 02:22:15 am »

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1107 on: January 24, 2008, 02:38:43 am »

I saw that on a blog somewhere a while ago. It was directly after the game where Rivers came and sat down next to him and he got right up. Of course, it would be better if he was wearing the helmet w/visor and the heavy coat.*

*Bit ganked from KSK or Deadspin.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1108 on: January 24, 2008, 02:40:58 am »

Yeah, I saw it at KSK, I think that is where you got that.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1109 on: January 24, 2008, 03:05:44 am »

Yeah, I saw it at KSK, I think that is where you got that.

Sometimes I gank bits, if I think they are worthy.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 79   Go Up