Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports  (Read 155969 times)

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1170 on: February 22, 2008, 09:20:46 pm »

The Hardball Times is far and away the best site on the Internet for baseball writing. For stats, it's baseball-reference.com.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1171 on: February 22, 2008, 10:02:44 pm »

Did somebody say "baseball writing?"

I recommend Joe Posnanski and Cardboard Gods.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1172 on: February 23, 2008, 08:46:59 pm »

So uh, I am going to be pretty busy in real life.  I am out.  Sorry.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1173 on: February 27, 2008, 11:26:20 pm »

If KH is unable to roll this ball, I nominate LFM for commissioner.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1174 on: February 28, 2008, 02:29:04 am »

Me too. Except I stand by my auto-draft opinion. The added randomness really makes the season interesting and balances things out for those who aren't such ravenous baseball zealots.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #1175 on: February 28, 2008, 03:32:07 am »

If the electorate calls my name, I'll stand up, I s'pose.

I'll have to figure out how the hell one sets one up, then.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79]   Go Up