Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 79   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports  (Read 155480 times)

0 Members and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007, 09:36:38 pm »

Alright, I have never done this before, so I don't really know what to do, but here is a url that should allow you to register (if not I need email addresses): http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/touambleague

If that doesn't work you can also try to just join the league, it is called TOUAMB 07.

The draft is scheduled for saturday night at 6:00 CST, which can change.  That is the only time I will be able to do it for about 2 weeks though (spring break coming soon).


edit:  I also think we have to have an even number of players to do a draft.  At this point I would be cool with a auto draft probably.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 09:48:41 pm »

It says you need the league ID# & password.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2007, 09:52:26 pm »

sorry, the id is TOUAMB 07 and the password is 123456
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2007, 11:36:36 pm »

Sorry to be a pain . . . it says League ID#, and specifies "not name".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 03:51:42 am »

TOUAMB 07 (ID# 206482)
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 04:00:01 am »

Im in. My team is the MOTHERFUCKERS.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 04:05:00 am »

I'm in - The Venomous Monkeys.

A-CAP, I believe you got a typo in your team name.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2007, 04:43:38 am »

I got my pre draft lineup pretty set. I am satisfied.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2007, 05:53:32 am »

I'm all joined up. My team is the Zombie Reagans; our team colors are those of rotting flesh and anything that's not commie red. We do not bunt. Ever.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2007, 07:39:29 am »

Great to see this is actually taking off now.  I'm in, too - the Clouds of Phlogiston.  The heat is on, bitches!
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2007, 08:12:18 am »

So, how about the draft time?

Also, is there anything I need to change? as I have no idea what I am doing.

Edit:  I also see BN as a position, is this like backups?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2007, 01:12:25 pm »

Is it an auto-draft, or are you still trying to have a live draft?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2007, 03:18:41 pm »

So, how about the draft time?

Also, is there anything I need to change? as I have no idea what I am doing.

Edit:  I also see BN as a position, is this like backups?

As best I can make out, BN would mean bench. I don't play fantasy sports, so it could just as well be some strange acronym I've never heard of.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2007, 04:27:12 pm »

BN means bench in Yahoo fantasy football. I'm guessing it's the same here.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2007, 04:41:07 pm »

Ongoing...

KeithHernandez: radiodread
A-CAP: MOTHErFUCKErS
ironfelix: Clouds of Phlogiston
Melack: Zombie reagans
Nabubrush: Venmous Monkeys
Littlefallsmets: Damned Human race
Turbo ninja: Clouds of Phlogiston
AugustWest: Gashouse Gorillas
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 02:27:43 pm by NYU »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 79   Go Up