Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 79   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports  (Read 155959 times)

0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2007, 05:25:21 pm »

Which one is Damned Human Race again? I responded to your plea.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2007, 05:38:48 pm »

That'd be me.

Right now I'm on my other Yahoo profile, the one for Playing Pranks On People and Looking At Naked Ladies, but when I switch back to my "real" one, I'll see what you have to say.

Am I on my Pranks and Naked account infinitely more than my real one?

Like, of course.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2007, 08:29:01 pm »

I have no Mets, though, and that DOES bother me.

I got two Cardinals -- Pujols and Rolen.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2007, 09:17:33 pm »

Aug-- how is a cardinals fan like Michael Jackson?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2007, 02:39:20 am »

Aug-- how is a cardinals fan like Michael Jackson?

He has sex with small children?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2007, 03:37:02 am »

Aug-- how is a cardinals fan like Michael Jackson?

I don't know, does it have something to do with "Small Ball"?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2007, 04:10:06 am »

they...

they both love Pujols.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2007, 05:01:31 am »

Shit, I'm sorry inev. That was probably a little too much. Hey, when does the season start?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2007, 05:02:56 am »

April 1 Mets vs. St.Louis.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2007, 05:20:16 am »

are you saying that you're sorry for the joke you made, or you're sorry that my joke was so inappropriate?

Um, ok. Leaving this thread now.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2007, 05:45:44 am »

I was trying to come up with something revolving around "Jesus juice" and "being juiced" but...

Yeah, sorry. Yeah, uh, that's pretty bad, man. That is a pretty bad punchline you got there.

Pretty much, the punchline was going to have to specifically refer to his PEDOPHILIA as being abberant as opposed to the presumption of a more general consenting adult homosexuality being the point which is mocked for being absurd.

It sounds a little counter intuitive but... it is funny to make fun of him in reference to a thing that all sane adults agree is bad. To miss the mark and simply refer to any sort of man-on-man anal sex with the IMPLICATION that is refering to pedophilia... this knocks all the funny out of it.

"What do Michael Jackson and a JcPenneys' sale have in common? Boys ##### half off." is not that funny of a joke... but it illustrates what we're talking about.

"Poo-holes" is pretty much a blanket slur on male homosexuality, in general, muddying the waters (if you'll excuse the pun) on what you're actually saying with the joke?

Are you equating consenting adult homosexuality WITH pedophilia? I realize that you are not but... all of the sudden, there is no funny because we're left trying to parse out what this joke's judgement on consenting sex in relation to non-consenting near-uniformally-abberant sexualities like pedophilia is.

It's not even that it's offensive (though it is) it's that it is misdirected.

The pun of "poo-holes" and "Pujols" is potentially funny in some other context... but we're so lost in trying to figure out why the pun is being applied to specific pedophilia that, like, the joke disappears.

I have killed this joke with tweezers for a reason.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2007, 06:03:38 am »

yeah, um, basically my roommate told me that joke, and i groaned, and it has been stuck in my head. sorry.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2007, 06:10:10 am »

You see, what I am trying to do is run "comedy interference".

Think of me such as an internet message board wing-man.

I am the king of being the weird loud guy who makes the other guy look real good and drive the lady into his arms out of fear of me. I can turn on that kind of anti-charm like a faucet. If I can defuse the joke in such an over-the-top analytical that perhaps I can look like an officious douche and people will not think so much about the punchline resting on a pun about sloppy feces during anal sex with a person who did not clean properly first.

I am seeing if this works on the internet as well.

I am... coming to the conclusion that it is lost in the translation.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2007, 06:23:38 am »

if you are a faucet of anti-charm, I am a leaky firehose.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2007, 06:39:45 am »

See, and here I was mentally pronouncing it as "Poo-jols" and was totally lost.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 79   Go Up