Desperate to light a fire under the ass of my under-performing team, I made a pair of pretty significant moves this morning. I've taken to using a Moneyball-type approach, loading up on players with a particular skillset that isn't valued my most teams. That skillset? Resistance to cold weather.
You see, I've already been the victim of three snowstorms this year. A couple days ago, a flurry of snow quite literally froze my Yankees hitters. Those miserable conditions made the normally dangerous Yankees lineup - of which I have four players - look like a bunch of blindfolded kids swinging at a pinata. Yesterday, the Mariners-Indians game was so bad that the players started building snowmen in the outfield - and yet they allowed them to play nearly five innings. My three Mariners were freezing their balls off in the snow while the umpires were running around playing "should they or shouldn't they?" They had a double-header scheduled for today, with my best pitcher slated to start one of the games, but the whole thing was called off early when everyone decided to go ice skating on Lake fuck*ng Erie.
So now I've decided to man up and get some players from the colder parts of North America. Guys who are used to snow and cold. See, according to my math, I'm gonna have to deal with 478 snowy games this season. So I dropped one of my Dominican players in favor of someone from Boston, Mass. I also tossed someone from balmy Georgia so I could add a second baseman who knows all about the cold, cold Tucson nights. See? I'm the next fuck*ng Billy Beane.