Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 79   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports  (Read 156290 times)

0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2007, 04:32:17 pm »

This Mariners-Indians clusterfuck pisses me off doubly: As someone with several Mariners on his fantasy team and as a an out of town Mariners fan with a shiny new mlb.tv account.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2007, 04:36:59 pm »

Also: it seems worth noting that my team is batting a robust .213. If not for A-Rod, my entire team would be below the Mendoza Line. I shudder to think.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2007, 05:01:02 pm »

It is interesting, you know?

Without Vlad and A-Rod on our rosters, we would have an insanely sad match-up between us.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2007, 01:59:43 am »

Yeah, so that Vlad guy of yours? 5 runs, 3 home runs, 20 RBI.

Fuck that.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #154 on: April 09, 2007, 03:03:41 am »

10 Ribbies, actually.

But, man, A-Rod had ELEVEN. And FOUR home runs. And EIGHT runs.

If I'm reading the numbers right, I think I edged you out this week, 'lack.

Good game, sir, good game.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #155 on: April 09, 2007, 03:20:14 am »

Yeah, so that Vlad guy of yours? 5 runs, 3 home runs, 20 RBI.

Fuck that.

Also: King of the Make-Outs!

... I'll get my coat.
Logged

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #156 on: April 09, 2007, 04:24:14 am »

Yeah, so that Vlad guy of yours? 5 runs, 3 home runs, 20 RBI.

Fuck that.

Also: King of the Make-Outs!

... I'll get my coat.

...I think my opinion of Vladimir Guerrero just improved about one millionfold.

After the Red Sox' win in Texas, it looks like I have managed to eke out a tie in the saves category.  I'm hoping that will be good enough for first place, provided my ERA and WHIP didn't get messed up too badly tonight.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #157 on: April 09, 2007, 04:59:34 am »

If I could have just gotten one more stolen base, I would have won.  I think me and A-CAP tied, unless he miraculously overtakes my era, or I his batting average.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #158 on: April 09, 2007, 05:06:25 am »

Whoops, 10 RBI. Typo. But could you imagine 20? A dude would need to hit 5 grand slams in a single game to collect that many.

It was a good week for baseball. Fun was had, people who are afraid of tall black people gained respite from the tyranny of the NBA, and we all discovered that baseball players also enjoy building snowmen. Too bad my hitters hit like greasy butt.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2007, 07:08:04 am »

So it shows my last weeks score as 5-5-0, but doesn't have me as being 0-0-1, is this a thing or am I just not giving it enough time?

Edit:  Fuck.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 09:29:12 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2007, 02:11:52 pm »

I am in absolute dead last. Did I not predict this earlier? I believe I did. I foretold of a time where the man who made the most moves (myself) would ultimately just dig himself into a hole - which is true! Yes!

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #161 on: April 09, 2007, 02:32:36 pm »

Also, I've finally figured out how this scoring system works, and I'm pretty happy with it. I was worried it was going to be scored like a real sports league, where after a head to head matchup, you'd be credited with either a win or a loss - and that's it. But this one gives you a win or loss in ten full categories. The other way would have allowed way too much room for luck to rear its ugly head. This system here is quite a bit more rational than the one I was imagining in the early goings.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #162 on: April 09, 2007, 07:49:42 pm »

And despite my surprising myself with a win last week...

My pitching-heavy left-side-of-the-infield-weak roster and a snow-out combine to leave me with seven batters today.

Yikes.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #163 on: April 09, 2007, 09:28:36 pm »

I have Indians tickets for Saturday.  They're playing the White Sox.  In between, the Indians are "hosting" the Angels in Milwaukee.

This raises the question: If the weather in Cleveland does not break and the field is unplayable for Saturday, will I have to travel THROUGH Chicago to get to Milwaukee so I can watch the Indians play the White Sox?  What if Comiskey is playable?  Will they just shift the game to Chicago and let the Indians bat in the bottom of the innings?

I'm trying not to think about it.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2007, 12:53:34 am »

Yeah, that Indians thing is bizarre. Really goes to show how great these MLB schedule-makers are when somehow a Cleveland team ends up playing home games in Wisconsin.

It would seem my hitters are finally picking up the slack, thanks in no small part to my Yankee-heavy lineup feasting on Sidney Ponson. I would be excited if my best pitcher hadn't just been placed on the disabled list.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 79   Go Up