Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 79   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports  (Read 155603 times)

0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #330 on: June 17, 2007, 12:09:13 am »

Let me know if anyone is interested in a football league up ins; I'd be willing and able to serve as commish (I know it's early, but pigskin is my sport).

Ok, I've gotten one response, so the teams ought to be pretty stacked. I'll wait and make a thread in July probably.

Make it two.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #331 on: June 17, 2007, 03:23:53 am »

I'm sure I'll be down when the time comes. I'm not as much of an NFL fan as I am a baseball fan, but I'm not totally helpless, either. Jeff George is still playing, right?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #332 on: June 17, 2007, 03:30:33 pm »

I'm sure I'll be down when the time comes. I'm not as much of an NFL fan as I am a baseball fan, but I'm not totally helpless, either. Jeff George is still playing, right?

He usually goes in the first round, but you might luck out and get Vince Evans.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #333 on: June 17, 2007, 09:59:16 pm »

I know damn-near nothing about the NFL but... considering how much I trip over my own dick overthinking baseball, maybe I'd be better at fantasy football. Sort of in a Chauncey Gardner kinda way.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #334 on: June 18, 2007, 01:31:01 am »

The only thing that can derail the pretend baseball thread is pretend football.  Interesting.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #335 on: June 18, 2007, 05:53:37 am »

I bought my first franchise today.

It is a softball team, and as my last name is Winslow . . .




Winslow's Homers.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 05:18:37 pm by Nabubrush drinks (a lot) »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #336 on: June 19, 2007, 06:02:47 am »

I am always down for football of the fantasy variety.  And an 8ish team league sounds awesome.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #337 on: June 19, 2007, 03:49:29 pm »

The once-a-week nature of fake football is much more friendly to my schedule.  Consider me a player.  I'll even pay a few bucks for the Yahoo or Sportsline upgrade if we're feeling spicy.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #338 on: June 19, 2007, 04:24:50 pm »

I'm really looking forward to this year's football season. Last year, I felt just the opposite. It probably had more than a little to do with the fact that the Seahawks (my team) just lost in the Super Bowl.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #339 on: June 19, 2007, 08:07:06 pm »

Casey Kotchman and BJ Upton injured in the same week?

It's official. Fantasy baseball hates me.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #340 on: June 19, 2007, 08:59:38 pm »

Casey Kotchman and BJ Upton injured in the same week?

It's official. Fantasy baseball hates me.

Sorry to be happy, but hopefully two decent weeks could get me within a respectable distance back.

Edit:  Oh, and how did you get Bobby Jenks?  For some reason I cut him, then tried to get him back but I had to clear waivers, which I thought you were behind me on?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #341 on: June 19, 2007, 09:03:17 pm »

My best pitcher got suspended 5 games for getting into a fight. Considering he was throwing down with a 6'5" black dude*, I'm just thankful he's not injured.

*I am not actually racist

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #342 on: June 19, 2007, 09:35:54 pm »

I dunno, the timing of my getting Jenks was a little bit odd...

I just put a claim on him and hoped that it would work and it did.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #343 on: June 19, 2007, 10:36:21 pm »

Jenks should at least help you in the 'mind-bogglingly fat' category for pitchers. You might tie whoever has Joe Blanton and Bartolo Colon.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #344 on: June 20, 2007, 10:54:24 am »

LFM:


Wow, you are still destroying me.  (long week, long week.. hopefully?)

Also, you changed your name?  How?





Oh yeah, huge fan of big pitchers.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 79   Go Up