Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 79   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports  (Read 156481 times)

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #345 on: June 20, 2007, 02:13:46 pm »

Yeah, Falls, what gives? I thought your new team was going to come from a 100% roster overhaul or something. But a new team name? I hope you at least have a new hypothetical logo and uniforms.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #346 on: June 20, 2007, 02:40:28 pm »

There used to be a website out there that featured hypothetical jerseys, etc. for everything from baseball to Aussie Rules Football - a place for people who thought they could do better than what was out there to show off. Wish I could find it.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #347 on: June 20, 2007, 05:59:14 pm »

My team overhaul was going to happen completely but then... Upton and Kotchman got hurt and...

I had to end it partway through until I have those dudes back. I did make a shitload of moves recently, though.

So I changed my team's name to a different obscure late-career Mark Twain title and decided I'd pick it up later.

When those guys are back, I'm gonna make the three or four finishing moves to the overhaul if I still can.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #348 on: June 20, 2007, 09:07:34 pm »

The Cubs just traded my backup catcher to the Padres. He goes from an awesome park to hit in to a park where home runs go to die.

Thanks, Cubs. I hope you don't win a world series for another 100 years.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #349 on: June 23, 2007, 07:30:47 pm »

The injury level on my team has gone up from an orange or "fuck*ng ridiculous" level to the highest level... the red or "Mets-like" level of injury density.

BJ Upton's on the DL officially, Kotchman is still seeing birds from a concussion a week ago, Mourneau is coughing up blood in a hospital with the really encouraging sounding "bruised lung"... Ordonez is day-to-day with a hit-pitch on the hand and... Lackey's next start has been pushed later.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #350 on: June 23, 2007, 10:28:01 pm »

Well, considering how fucked up your team is, there's no better time than now to start making plans for our football league. Who wants to be the commish? Yahoo is letting people sign up now, but I'd only fuck it up through some sort of money laundering scandal. Maybe we can plan this one a little more and have a real draft?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #351 on: June 23, 2007, 11:21:42 pm »

Well, considering how fucked up your team is, there's no better time than now to start making plans for our football league. Who wants to be the commish? Yahoo is letting people sign up now, but I'd only fuck it up through some sort of money laundering scandal. Maybe we can plan this one a little more and have a real draft?

I would really enjoy being the commish (as I mentioned earlier). I would really like to have a live draft, if we can get it together and set it up for a time when I am home from work. I'd like to have it as late as possible (probably one of the last weeks of preseason) so no one drafts anyone who ends up stabbing a couple of folks in a parking lot, and also so everyone knows a bit more about the various teams' draft choices. I've played Yahoo fantasy football for the past few years in several leagues, so I've got a certain amount of experience with it. I'd appreciate a vote of confidence on this, and if it's cool, I will begin setting things up (leaving the draft date until later).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #352 on: June 24, 2007, 12:17:24 am »

Sounds good to me.   I abstained from commenting publicly earlier, in light of this being the pretend baseball thread, but since others have since broken the seal... 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #353 on: June 24, 2007, 12:21:27 am »

Sounds good to me.   I abstained from commenting publicly earlier, in light of this being the pretend baseball thread, but since others have since broken the seal... 
I kinda didn't want to make a pretend football thread - especially since it will probably basically be the same folks.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #354 on: June 24, 2007, 02:52:22 am »

I dub this, then, the Pretend Sports thread.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #355 on: June 24, 2007, 03:33:02 am »

I dub this, then, the Pretend Sports thread.

And so it is...
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #356 on: June 24, 2007, 04:57:00 am »

I think the appropriate phrase is, "So mote it be"
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #357 on: June 24, 2007, 05:26:22 am »

I will play.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #358 on: June 24, 2007, 08:16:06 pm »

I think the appropriate phrase is, "So mote it be"

Don't you worry about my mote until you take care of your beam.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #359 on: June 25, 2007, 12:00:26 am »

Don't you need to wear goggles to take care of eye beams?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 79   Go Up