Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 79   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports  (Read 156441 times)

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #375 on: June 25, 2007, 09:08:07 pm »

Hey...is there an imaginary hockey thread yet? because I will totally get in on that, once I figure out how it works. I know that we have some folks who would disagree with my team, but I'm a huge Colorado Avalanche fan.

Well, if you can't afford tickets to watch your beloved Avalanche, spring for some Mammoth (indoor lacrosse) tickets and come December you and I can trade barbs over the relative merits of your team vs. the San Jose Stealth.  Remember, Canada has two national sports.  We get lots of crossover Sharks fans, and everyone seems happy to educate the hockey folks on the similarities and differences between the games.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 09:12:13 pm by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #376 on: June 27, 2007, 03:11:25 pm »

Pending trade between Alex Rios and Reggie Willits! I've had both of those guys on my team at one point in the year. Had to let Reggie go, though. Once Garrett Anderson got healthy, the kid lost the bulk of his playing time. Alex Rios just wasn't getting enough steals for an outfielder. Both fine players, though.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #377 on: June 27, 2007, 03:58:52 pm »

Well, I got offered the trade and I took it.

Willits has been amazing but...

a.) my roster is too Angel heavy which screws with my flexibility and...

b.) I have the feeling that as the Angels are so over-stocked with outfield talent and infield talent and... basically everything but catcher and shortstop depth... if Willits cools off at all, he'll quickly start loosing at-bats left and right.

So it works for me for those reasons and 'Dread gets a lot of speed on the bases.

I think everybody wins, those are the best trades of course, especially in a friendly league.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #378 on: June 27, 2007, 08:30:27 pm »

You're not an Angels fan.... are you? We might have a beef.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #379 on: June 28, 2007, 12:05:14 am »

Yeah, I had been trying to get a guy who could steal for a while.  I gave up homeruns, but I have Fielder and Ortiz for that.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #380 on: June 28, 2007, 12:54:03 am »

Asherdan: We might have a beef if only for the fact that I'm a Mariners fan. Division rivals and all. Also because I can't stand Angels fans, but those are the Rally Monkey-era fans. You go way back, which is cool.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #381 on: June 28, 2007, 01:01:30 pm »

I'd be in for a football league.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #382 on: June 28, 2007, 10:17:35 pm »

I probably haven't had more than two steals all year and I already have three this week, now that I traded for it.  David Ortiz had one of those, so...
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #383 on: June 29, 2007, 03:51:02 pm »

Here's the football info:

League name: TOUAMB 07
Password: roastbeef

URL (for bookmarking): http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/TOUAMB_07

Live draft date (you can still autopick, but I wanted there to be the option): August 20th, 2007 - noon

This should be all the necessary info. There's room for 10 teams.

Edit: It turns out I can increase the size of the league if need be, but I don't think it's a good idea to go beyond 12 teams, or the draft pool will be diluted too much. We all love the Lions for sticking in there, but no one wants to actually run that team.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 03:59:30 pm by Nabubrush drinks (a lot) »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #384 on: June 29, 2007, 06:05:53 pm »

Do you have the league ID?  That link takes me to a Yahoo! error page, and you can only join a league by League ID#.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #385 on: June 29, 2007, 06:21:23 pm »

My error - it's 122390.

Edit:

Nabu - The Venomous Monkeys
Carlosdelvaca - Banana Town Bombers
Jaydub - Boar Tits
A-CAP - Motherfucking Walrus
?? - TheHappyChemicals
Golfhaus - Ass Men
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 04:29:47 pm by Nabubrush drinks (a lot) »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #386 on: June 29, 2007, 10:17:32 pm »

Craig Biggio got his 3,000th. hit last night.  He went 5 for 5.  Scored the winning run in the 11th. inning.  Hell of a performance.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #387 on: June 30, 2007, 12:28:25 am »

Boar Tits would be me.  Sometimes the demons get to speak their minds. 
I'll change it if something clever occurs to me.

...as useless as tits on a boar
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #388 on: June 30, 2007, 12:40:05 am »

Craig Biggio got his 3,000th. hit last night.  He went 5 for 5.  Scored the winning run in the 11th. inning.  Hell of a performance.


He got thrown out on his 3,000th by trying to stretch it into a double.

Frank Thomas hit his 500th Home Run yesterday.  He was later ejected for arguing strikes.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #389 on: June 30, 2007, 01:09:05 am »

Im in football as the Motherfuck*ng Walrus. Let the goodtimes roll.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 79   Go Up