Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 79   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports  (Read 156137 times)

0 Members and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #390 on: June 30, 2007, 01:42:09 am »


He got thrown out on his 3,000th by trying to stretch it into a double.

Frank Thomas hit his 500th Home Run yesterday.  He was later ejected for arguing strikes.

Did that one guy get that one milestone? I . . . I haven't been paying close attention.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #391 on: June 30, 2007, 03:06:47 pm »

I'm in on the football league. Fantasy baseball takes too much time for me to manage properly, but football is something I can make time for.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #392 on: June 30, 2007, 04:39:15 pm »

Who's running TheHappyChemicals?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #393 on: June 30, 2007, 04:44:59 pm »

I'm in as MONSTERDEATH. I needed a break from undead presidents.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #394 on: June 30, 2007, 04:57:47 pm »

A-CAP - Freddy Sanchez and any one of my relief pitchers for Russell Martin.

You want Valverde, 2.70 with 26 saves? You got him.

You want Gagne, 1.23 2 wins and 8 saves in only 22 innings? You got him.

You want Jenks, 2.93 2 wins and 20 saves? You got him.

Al Reyes, 3.06 and 17 saves? You got him.

Any one of those four dudes PLUS Freddy Sanchez, batting over .300 and climbing, able to serve as your back-up shortstop AND play second or third. Last year's National League batting champion.

I am offering you last year's NL batting champ in Sanchez and this year's NL saves leader in Valverde when your team weaknesses are not having enough closers and not having a back-up shortstop.

Or Gagne, if you think he has more upside than Valverde! Whichever.

A dude is offering you the farm for your second-best catcher.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #395 on: June 30, 2007, 05:09:22 pm »

I just had a reliever go on the DL. I would take an offer for a reliever if you're interested in Michael Barrett. Though, to be honest, his numbers are bound to fall since he just got traded from the Cubs to the Padres. I'm pretty sure PetCo is abouit 9 times as big as Wrigley.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #396 on: June 30, 2007, 05:11:01 pm »

Also...

On Touamb Pretend Football, my team name is "Wide Right".

This is because I grew up in Bills Country and because I will be terrible at pretend football.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #397 on: June 30, 2007, 05:11:58 pm »

The Lab Rats return!  Hooray!

I feel sorry for whoever I draft in the first two rounds, as they never perform.  It's a curse worse than Madden.  I usually end up changing my lineup drastically after 3 weeks, at which point everyone who was underperforming will remember how to play and the hot new talent I've replaced them with will forget.  Just letting everyone know how it goes...

Mostly I'm just happy to not be in a damned 20 team league.  Those are horriffic.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #398 on: June 30, 2007, 07:04:15 pm »

Nabu - The Venomous Monkeys
Carlosdelvaca - Banana Town Bombers
Jaydub - Boar Tits
A-CAP - Motherfuck*ng Walrus
Golfhaus - Ass Men
Melack - MONSTERDEATH
Lister - Lab Rats
LFM - Wide Right
Tommy_Damn_Tiger

?? - TheHappyChemicals (Anybody? Bueller? Maybe KH?)

I'm going to leave it at 10 teams unless we get two more applicants who are really, really interested. I do not need to dilute the pool such that I have even less chance of securing Mr. Tomlinson. I gotta say, I was hoping Asherdan would be in here, but I know he's busy with the celebration and all.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 07:09:27 pm by Nabubrush drinks (a lot) »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #399 on: June 30, 2007, 07:51:53 pm »

I'll be mismanaging Tommy_Damn_Tiger. I can prolly work out that Monday draft from work. I'll fire up my backup box I won't let IT take away from me.

When we left the locker room for gametime at UofP there was a large mascot painted on the wall. My habit was to thump it on the forehead and let out with that there phrase.

I totally did not notice that I hadn't identified that team. This is excellent news. I would have made it Sunday, but I thought for those folks who really get involved, this way they would get some extra info based on that last pre-season game (like when Fred Taylor gets his traditional season-hammering injury).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #400 on: June 30, 2007, 11:24:59 pm »

Okay, now the conflict of interest line has become even blurrier for the ol' Zombie Reagans. Felix Hernandez was already my favorite pitcher on my favorite team before I added him to my fantasy squad. Now I'm myspace friends with him. I've been assured it's his real profile, too. Is that a TOUAMB fantasy baseball league first?

Well, either way, now I'm gonna feel twice as bad if I have to cut him, because he's kind of sucking lately.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #401 on: July 01, 2007, 06:56:30 am »

When we left the locker room for gametime at UofP there was a large mascot painted on the wall. My habit was to thump it on the forehead and let out with that there phrase.

Damn Ash - you played for UOP?  Did you play lacrosse in the off season?  We might have met on the field...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #402 on: July 01, 2007, 08:12:57 am »

I am THC.  I thought it might be a given.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #403 on: July 01, 2007, 02:40:05 pm »

So the final lineup is:

Nabu - The Venomous Monkeys
Carlosdelvaca - Banana Town Bombers
Jaydub - Boar Tits
A-CAP - Motherfuck*ng Walrus
Golfhaus - Ass Men
Melack - MONSTERDEATH
Lister - Lab Rats
LFM - Wide Right
Asherdan - Tommy_Damn_Tiger
KeithHernandez - TheHappyChemicals

Good luck, all.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #404 on: July 01, 2007, 07:14:59 pm »

I have now proposed two blockbuster deals.

...if they are both taken, I basically lose half my squad so...

Uhm. One of you guys take it, huh?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 79   Go Up