Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 79   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports  (Read 155622 times)

0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #420 on: July 03, 2007, 09:15:49 pm »

As in Avon Barksdale? If that's the case, I might have to change my team name to "The Polack Stevedores."

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #421 on: July 03, 2007, 10:06:33 pm »

Nice.  I love me some Wire.



Edit:  Hilarious iPhone Dugout:  http://dugout.progressiveboink.com/archive/jon127.html

It might only be funny if you have read the Dugout previously.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 01:44:33 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #422 on: July 04, 2007, 08:33:45 pm »

So the final lineup (in alphabetical order, because I'm the commisioner who goes the extra mile) is:

Asherdan - Tommy_Damn_Tiger
AugustWest - The Arnold Ziffels
Carlosdelvaca - Banana Town Bombers
Gimpson - The Barksdale Crew
Golfhaus - Ass Men
Jaydub - Boar Tits
KeithHernandez - TheHappyChemicals
Lister - Lab Rats
LittleFallsMets - Wide Right
Melack - MONSTERDEATH
Nabubrush - The Venomous Monkeys
A-CAP - Motherfucking Walrus

And now, A Sojourn Into Destiny.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #423 on: July 04, 2007, 08:41:11 pm »


And now, A Sojourn Into Destiny.

It goes without saying that this was spoken in a John Facenda voice, doesn't it?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #424 on: July 04, 2007, 10:53:21 pm »

So the final lineup (in alphabetical order, because I'm the commisioner who goes the extra mile) is:


I would have alphabetized based on team name.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #425 on: July 04, 2007, 11:07:04 pm »

I would have alphabetized based on team name.

I'm just as God made me, sir.

It goes without saying that this was spoken in a John Facenda voice, doesn't it?

It doesn't go without saying in this case, because you said it. But in my mind it was - here.

Addition: Why the fuck did I pay for Stattracker when it says Sizemore hasn't batted yet and the main page says he's 1/2? It says CLE/DET is in the bottom of the 1st, and the other says top 7th. Yahoo is a fuck.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 01:43:04 am by Nabubrush drinks (a lot) »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #426 on: July 07, 2007, 05:20:58 am »

Okay, so I'm interested in seeing how the Twins' absolute massacre over the White Sox affected you guys tonight, since I don't have a single Twin or White Sox on my roster. I mean, the Twins put up 32(!!!) runs in today's double header. That's gotta balloon someone's ERA while absolutely sky-rocketing someone's offensive stats.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #427 on: July 07, 2007, 06:21:04 am »

My opponent has Torii Hunter.

Thankfully, I have Justin Mourneau so it basically balanced out.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #428 on: July 07, 2007, 06:36:55 am »

PKD-nice! 

Neither me nor my opponent have any CWS or Twins.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #429 on: July 07, 2007, 03:03:10 pm »

My opponent has Torii Hunter.

Thankfully, I have Justin Mourneau so it basically balanced out.

If by balanced you mean I'm getting my ass skinned raw, then you are basically correct.

Minnn: 32, Sox: 14 . . . and Joe Nathan shows up for a line of 1 IP, no K. Fuck, there isn't enough work to go around?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #430 on: July 07, 2007, 05:09:33 pm »

Hey, your team hit like 18,000 homeruns yesterday.

That's gotta count for something.

You also have four more pitching starts this week while I only have two.

That basically guarantees the win and strikeout categories for you.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #431 on: July 07, 2007, 11:11:49 pm »

Hey, your team hit like 18,000 homeruns yesterday.

That's gotta count for something.

You also have four more pitching starts this week while I only have two.

That basically guarantees the win and strikeout categories for you.

Yes, and now you are up 7-2. I have HRs and the mystery category (by 0.13).

Sweet fancy ketchup my team is in trouble. I'm the fantasy version of Grady Little.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #432 on: July 08, 2007, 12:22:03 am »

Is the mystery category WHIP?   That is Walks/Hits per Inning Pitched, if it helps at all.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #433 on: July 08, 2007, 01:51:46 am »

I'm the fantasy version of Grady Little.

I'm the fantasy version of Grady Wilson.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #434 on: July 08, 2007, 01:52:53 am »

Is the mystery category WHIP?   That is Walks/Hits per Inning Pitched, if it helps at all.

You crack me up. Yes, that helps, in that it explains it completely. I should have been able to figure that out.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 79   Go Up