Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 79   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports  (Read 156116 times)

0 Members and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #450 on: July 18, 2007, 12:20:09 am »

Wait - baseball players know how to use computers?  For functions other than surfing porn and getting email from their agents?

We aren't talking about football players here, after all.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #451 on: July 18, 2007, 05:14:04 am »

No wonder Ash is cracking his knuckles over in the Jon Lovitz thread.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #452 on: July 22, 2007, 06:15:31 pm »

Ladies and gentlemen...

The fifteenth really-fair offer I've made to A-CAP for Russell Martin has gone through to him and will probably be ignored.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #453 on: July 22, 2007, 07:20:12 pm »

 :o :-*BEGIN HOTT ZOMBIE REAGAN UPDATE! :-* :o

Today my best pitcher gave up six earned runs and my second best hitter dislocated his shoulder.

 :o :-*END HOTT ZOMBIE REAGAN UPDATE! :-* :o

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #454 on: July 23, 2007, 03:59:25 am »

Whereas I seem to have earned a split with the Phlogistons.

Well played, Fighters, well played.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #455 on: July 23, 2007, 06:03:21 am »

I got cleanly swept. I'm going to start letting my cat pick out my lineup.

"Shit, we thought you already were."

I have saved you all time and money with that retort. Spend it wisely.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #456 on: July 23, 2007, 09:23:56 am »

Does anyone have a high SB guy they are willing to trade for someone on my team?


Send any trades over.


(I am Radiodread)
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #457 on: July 23, 2007, 04:43:37 pm »

You whipped my ass 10-0. Do you need some renegade ***** cop to play for you?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #458 on: July 23, 2007, 04:56:32 pm »

Offer sent, Keith.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #459 on: July 24, 2007, 04:55:06 am »

Aaron Harang pitched 10 innings and gave up one run and didn't get a fuck*ng win.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #460 on: July 24, 2007, 06:26:51 am »

Two trades pending between the same two teams? I have an idea. Why don't you two just exchange fuck*ng passwords. Have dignity.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #461 on: July 24, 2007, 05:38:22 pm »

Ah, c'mon now... they're both fair deals.

He needed a second guy who could qualify for 2B and I wanted more power out of my back-up shortstop.

And then he needed a basestealer and I wanted to upgrade my back-up catcher and it worked out. I'd been trying for months to upgrade my back-up catcher through A-CAP but the dude won't bite. Whacha want me to do?

This is the time of the year for shuffling the benches, yo.

And after those deals, at least in terms of my hitters... the only position I'd want to upgrade on would be my fifth OF.

My bench'll be Polanco, Pudge, Glaus and... somebody.

I've been shuffling my bench over and over and over again as my "moves" number shows you but after a coupla very even parts-for-parts trades, I'll have 11 out of 12 of my hitters as guys I'd go to war with.

The whole league should be as open to swaps, really.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #462 on: July 24, 2007, 06:11:59 pm »

Okay, fine. Mix and match all you want, I'm coming for you, Damned Human Race! (I refuse to acknowledge your name changes).

Also, let's have a running tally:

Tommy John Surgery Count

Zombie Reagans: 1
Everyone else: 0?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #463 on: July 24, 2007, 08:48:49 pm »

Two trades pending between the same two teams? I have an idea. Why don't you two just exchange fuck*ng passwords. Have dignity.

Gold.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #464 on: July 25, 2007, 11:10:13 pm »

Moving on the football, I read a pretty funny article on Kissing Suzy Kolber about fantasy team names. I am seriously considering 'Man Vs. Zakk Wylde'.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 79   Go Up