Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 79   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports  (Read 156429 times)

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #495 on: August 15, 2007, 04:20:22 am »

Hey man, I was in San Francisco last week and I won my matchup! But then again, I live there, so.... not an apt comparison.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #496 on: August 16, 2007, 01:46:19 pm »

I realize that no one will give a rat's ass about my fantasy baseball team in another league, but I'm going to post this anyway:  I just landed Johan Santana in a trade!  WHOOOOO!  I believe this will help me lock down a championship.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #497 on: August 18, 2007, 08:13:34 pm »

Hey, that football type draft thing appears to be soon.  I almost forgot that.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #498 on: August 19, 2007, 02:32:04 am »

I suggest Vince Evans or Vinny Testaverde.

Those jokes never get old, do they? Seriously, folks - Monday afternoon. Check to make sure your computer will handle the draft. They apparantly need some dinguses and doohickeys to work correctly. You might want to downgrade Mike Vick - there's a possibility he won't take all the snaps this year.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #499 on: August 19, 2007, 03:11:31 am »

I've already notified the fiancee that the laptop comes with me to work on Monday, and I've scouted a location near work that has free Wi-Fi.  (Also a backup location.)

Now all I need to do is figure out what the hell is going on in the NFL this season.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #500 on: August 19, 2007, 04:45:37 am »

I'm going to go ahead here and say Mike Vick never takes another snap in professional football. Mikey, you can kill folks and shit, that's cool, but don't fuck with a dog in this America.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #501 on: August 19, 2007, 06:45:58 am »

If I do that preselection thing, will Yahoo pick for me? Because as much as I'd love to be in front of a computer on Monday, I'll be ass deep in a class I'd rather not be teaching, but kinda am getting paid to do.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #502 on: August 19, 2007, 06:52:16 am »

If I do that preselection thing, will Yahoo pick for me? Because as much as I'd love to be in front of a computer on Monday, I'll be ass deep in a class I'd rather not be teaching, but kinda am getting paid to do.

Wait, what? I can see showing up if you're paying for it, but if you're getting paid? C'mon, you still live in America, don't you? Jeez, don't they have wi-fi? Throw the old laptop on the desk and draft away!

They will pick automagically for you.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #503 on: August 19, 2007, 07:30:57 am »

Jeez, don't they have wi-fi?

You should see the building I work in. They had to retrofit an elevator in the place to conform with the ADA.

The wife and I are thinking of trading up phones and getting one of those Treo numbers with the net access and all that. So there may be hope yet.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #504 on: August 19, 2007, 06:39:22 pm »

You should see the building I work in. They had to retrofit an elevator in the place to conform with the ADA.

The wife and I are thinking of trading up phones and getting one of those Treo numbers with the net access and all that. So there may be hope yet.

I'm glad the american dental association is taking a proactive role in elevator safety.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #505 on: August 19, 2007, 07:49:00 pm »

I'm glad the american dental association is taking a proactive role in elevator safety.

Americans with Disabilities Act, hoss.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #506 on: August 20, 2007, 06:47:22 pm »

I can't believe I'm getting the first pick. That never happens.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #507 on: August 20, 2007, 06:55:34 pm »

Some day I want to see stats on the correlation between draft position and final league standing.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #508 on: August 20, 2007, 06:59:47 pm »

Anyone in the league who isn't already on Yahoo's live draft should be, right about nowish.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #509 on: August 20, 2007, 07:42:50 pm »

At the end of August is when registration begins on Yahoo for fantasy hockey! Sweeeeet! I never thought I'd contribute to this thread, but I'm going to give it a shot when I get my hockey team.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 79   Go Up