Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rose hips  (Read 4830 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Rose hips
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 03:53:44 pm »

Wow! I've had rosehip tea before, and I'm pretty sure that I've had rosehip jelly, but I've never just straight-up eaten a rosehip before. Awesome! We should add that to the list of foods for a TOUAMB get-together, if we ever have one.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Rose hips
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 06:17:41 pm »

I choose to believe that you're all making this entire concept up as you go along. Like when Wombat accuses us of making up bands with silly names.
Logged

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: Rose hips
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007, 04:10:00 am »

The petals of the rose come out of one side (the top of the heart) and the stem from the other.  Technically, they are the ripe ovary of the flower.

Make sure you never ever tell this to Phillipe.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: Rose hips
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 06:07:42 am »

It is funny because a similar thing happened on this comic I have read.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Rose hips
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 06:16:38 am »

Quote
It is funny because a similar thing happened on this comic I have read.

gabba-gabba-hey, we accept you.

and/or

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Rose hips
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2007, 05:11:02 pm »

Get you a wrist-rocket and shoot them at passing cars on the overpass.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Rose hips
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 06:30:20 pm »

Aren't... large doses of rose hips an old-school method of inducing miscarriage?

Or am I mixing up my herbology?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: Rose hips
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2007, 07:14:27 pm »

Considering rose hips are frequent addition to pregnancy teas (or so google says, I was unaware of the existence of pregnancy teas), I would think otherwise.
Logged

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Rose hips
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2007, 07:15:47 pm »

All this talk of Rose's Hips is making me randy...
Logged
We must repeat!

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Rose hips
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2007, 07:54:25 pm »

No no, like... massive amounts of rose hips.

Upon further remembering, I believe the idea was that massive concentrations of unbuffered Vitamin C will induce miscarriage... despite the fact that reasonable concentrations of Vitamin C are healthy and good for a gestating ball of implanted cells.

In early times when you couldn't isolate and concentrate particular kinds of nutrition, rose hips were the only concentrated Vitamin C source strong enough to induce. Like you couldn't eat enough citrus or whatever in a day to get there... but rose hips, it's strong enough.

ALSO: I'm assuming that ST is speaking of Rose from "The Golden Girls".

Mainly because there are a lot of sick fucks around here.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Rose hips
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2007, 08:45:44 pm »

Unless he means Somebody nice's hips.  Which seems ungentlemanly.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up