Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"  (Read 3561 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
« on: February 20, 2007, 08:20:32 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02202007

It's true. The dude gets no radish.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 09:00:06 am »

Looks to me like the dude has been sleep-partying again, and that is has not been kind to him.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 10:07:35 am »

Ray is so traumatised in the last panel. This shift in his life has shaken him to his core.
It's wrong though to imply that men are primarily attracted to women based on their breasts or asses though: There are also legs.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 11:38:36 am »

I just like the fact that Ray's mental recognition of Beef being correct involves a vanity license plate. I think that's pretty classic Ray.

Also, Beef being the optimistic one in this equation is a nice subtle way to point to the fact that Beef is the luckier one in love of these two, what with having a steady sometimes-happy relationship versus Ray having nothing better to dwell about but his anonymous-voyeurism-produced radish status.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 01:22:44 pm »

Radish???
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 02:14:08 pm »

Hard, red, round and spicy.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

drew

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 23
  • Lost. So lost.
    • View Profile
Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 03:11:26 pm »

RAD-ish

RAD Chilies

I see a theme:

Methinks Onstad believes that the cat-junk is RAD!!!




Also, I totally get daikon when I sees me some jiggly mamacitas.
Logged
giggle, giggle, splat

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 03:47:59 pm »

It appears that  Ray's self image and core of existence has been fundamentally shaken.

I don't get it. I guess I mistakenly thought that guys are attracted to the entire person.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 04:08:37 pm »

I don't get it. I guess I mistakenly thought that guys are attracted to the entire person.

Well, let's say you get an enormous ice cream sundae with three kinds of ice cream, hot fudge sauce, caramel sauce, whipped cream, nuts, and a cherry on top.  You like the whole thing, but the hot fudge sauce is really really your favorite part.

It's kinda like that.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 05:10:16 pm »

Can'd for truth, Mr Mayor.

For me, its the general shape of the hips.  There's a tremendous amount of variety in there, and I find meditating on that restful and stimulating.  Hmmm....

Cheekbones are nice too.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 05:13:47 pm by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 05:23:19 pm »

The Mayor is right, but sometimes guys got a thing where they see some hot fudge sauce that looks so damn good they're willing to overlook the nasty nuts that come with it, specially if they're just trying it out and not buying the dangity thing to take home and sit on a shelf in the fridge getting all in the way for months.

ALSO: V -> Ray -> Plate Frames = FOR YES
Logged
We must repeat!

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 06:10:31 pm »

Also, I totally get daikon when I sees me some jiggly mamacitas.

This seems a much more appropriate vegetable to me, although radish does lend itself to Ray's particular brand of thought.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 06:20:31 pm »

The Mayor is right, but sometimes guys got a thing where they see some hot fudge sauce that looks so damn good they're willing to overlook the nasty nuts that come with it, specially if they're just trying it out and not buying the dangity thing to take home and sit on a shelf in the fridge getting all in the way for months.

aka "butter nuts"
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 07:32:56 pm »

man, what's creepy is that i had a similar conversation with someone yesterday.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 08:09:59 pm »

aka "butter nuts"

Me straight man
You, so fuck*ng cann'd
Logged
We must repeat!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up