Felix: #1, because I want the other two to be true.
Correct, and for exactly the right reason. I did have a Hitler mustache, and I did have a mustache for five months, but thankfully they were not one and the same. My New Year's resolution last year was to grow a mustache, which turned out to be the only reason I stuck with it for so long. You see, I'm one of those guys who has blond hair on his head but much darker facial hair. Naturally, I expected this to be the case with my upper lip as well, but instead I wound up with the tawniest of all mustaches ever to have existed. Even after I grew it to a respectable length it was indistinguishable from peachfuzz from anything more than three feet away. On a dare, I agreed to shave it into a Hitler mustache for 24 hours before getting rid of it entirely. I chickened about a quarter of the way through, which was probably for the best.
As for the national anthem bit...
My elementary school was the only one in the district that could accommodate hearing-impaired students, so that had become kind of a thing there. We got to learn ASL for language classes, and the music program featured a signing choir with as many members as the regular choir. When I was in fifth grade, said signing choir was selected from amongst similar schools in other districts to sing at Turner Field before a Braves game. A matter of great pride for the school, to be sure, but as I was not in the signing choir I would not have had any part in this myself were it not for a rather obvious complication.
As awesome as it would have been to have the entire stadium silent while twenty-odd schoolchildren did the national anthem in sign language, the Braves' front office was having none of it, so the school recruited some other students to stand next to them and actually sing the words. Somehow, after having failed an audition for the non-signing choir, I was able to make it into this group, and so it was that on one bright April afternoon an eleven-year-old kid got to stand in front of thirty thousand baseball fans and honor America.
We got to stay and watch the game for free afterwards, but I don't remember anything that happened, or even who we were playing against - I think it was Cincinnati, but I'm not sure. I only even remember how old I was at the time because on the way off the field we got to walk past the Braves' dugout and I shook hands with Kenny Lofton, who only played for the Braves in 1997. Unfortunately I didn't start to become
really interested in baseball until later, so a lot of the magnitude of the event was lost on me at the time.
Also,
I just wanted to add that Tony Gywnn has the whitest voice on Earth.
I have a pretty white voice but if you heard my voice and his, you'd guess I was the ethnic fellow.
Quoted for truth. Tony Gwynn is basically the Hamburglar.