Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Truths and a Lie  (Read 39830 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Terry

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 11
  • Who, who is it?
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #180 on: March 12, 2007, 07:40:46 am »

1.

It was Topper.

NERK. That one was right, though to be honest it was more a half-pint of Coke chat than a blokey full-on pint discussion. He was very agreeable.

#3 is the no-no. It was only in my county that I was top, which is much less of an achievement considering we're pretty much all descended from the same four people. Farmers, no less.
Logged
I can't remember if I cried, when I read about his widowed bride. But something touched me deep inside, the day the music died... OR DID IT?

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #181 on: March 13, 2007, 04:02:37 am »

2. My lowest adult BMI has been 17.5, the highest has been 32.

Sounds like you and your BMI have been on some... black adventures together.  I don't know how this came to pass, but I can't imagine it was very pleasant.  So: my sympathies, and I hope you're doing alright now. 
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #182 on: March 13, 2007, 07:05:03 am »

Sounds like you and your BMI have been on some... black adventures together.  I don't know how this came to pass, but I can't imagine it was very pleasant.  So: my sympathies, and I hope you're doing alright now. 

Thanks. Basically I have learned that you have to be nice to your body, because where the fuck else are you going to live??
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #183 on: March 13, 2007, 12:52:59 pm »

Thanks. Basically I have learned that you have to be nice to your body, because where the fuck else are you going to live??

5' tall ***** with the strength of five gorillas?
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #184 on: March 18, 2007, 07:35:31 am »

1.) I haven't read a book in months.

2.) I have been engaged, but never married.

3.) My parents were denied visas to Australia in the early 1970s because they thought my parents were an interracial couple (my mom is blonde-haired and blue-eyed and my dad is Sicilian with dark skin and wore his naturally curly dark hair in an Afro at the time).
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #185 on: March 18, 2007, 08:51:08 am »

1.) I haven't read a book in months.

2.) I have been engaged, but never married.

3.) My parents were denied visas to Australia in the early 1970s because they thought my parents were an interracial couple (my mom is blonde-haired and blue-eyed and my dad is Sicilian with dark skin and wore his naturally curly dark hair in an Afro at the time).

I will guess at #2 being untrue.  Can't say 3 because of the details.  You seem to be pretty busy with work so 1 is pretty plausable.  I'm familiar with the fact that when you're in a medicine-related field, there is not very much time to fit fiction into your schedule, so this will surprise me if it is the false one.

However there's plenty of time to spend on the internet, because that doesn't count, obviously.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #186 on: March 18, 2007, 10:43:53 am »

3.) My parents were denied visas to Australia in the early 1970s because they thought my parents were an interracial couple.

That's right, we don't care for that kind of shit 'round here.

Actually I'm going to call this one the lie just because I'm willing to bet you've changed the details.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #187 on: March 18, 2007, 02:15:46 pm »

That's right, we don't care for that kind of shit 'round here.

Actually I'm going to call this one the lie just because I'm willing to bet you've changed the details.

Damn! My previous sneaky ways have foiled me...#3 is all true.

Actually the lie is #1. I've read a couple books, including an awesome one about Proust that kellichou got me.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #188 on: March 18, 2007, 02:42:58 pm »

1. I was once a declared communist.
2. I'm in MENSA.
3. I write poems about economics.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #189 on: March 18, 2007, 04:30:54 pm »

1. I was once a declared communist.
2. I'm in MENSA.
3. I write poems about economics.

I think these are all true, and the lie is that you changed the order.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #190 on: March 18, 2007, 09:19:23 pm »

1. My B.A. is in Pure Mathematics
2. I lost my virginity at fourteen (It's alright, I wasn't using it for anything.)
3. I sang a sickeningly romantic duet with Lucy Liu's cousin.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #191 on: March 18, 2007, 09:52:43 pm »

2. I'm in MENSA.

Although you don't seem to be lacking in the ego department, I can't buy that you have the deep narcissism required to pay for the privilege of saying you're smart.

1.  My house has more computers than TVs
2.  My Dad blew himself up in a gasoline explosion
3.  I'm allergic to dogs and can only own poodles because they are hypoallergenic.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #192 on: March 18, 2007, 09:56:56 pm »

1. I have had sexual action in an airport.
2. I have evaded police pursuit in a ford club wagon.
3. I was stillborn.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #193 on: March 18, 2007, 10:00:20 pm »

1. I have had sexual action in an airport.
2. I have evaded police pursuit in a ford club wagon.
3. I was stillborn.


Gotta be 2.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #194 on: March 18, 2007, 10:19:47 pm »

Quote from: jaydub
I can't buy that you have the deep narcissism required to pay for the privilege of saying you're smart.

Yeah. It is pretty much The Hunts move. Capital-letters AND italics.

It is the Joining A Frat of nerds.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18   Go Up