Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )  (Read 11731 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 06:55:30 pm »

I think we should hold a contest as to who can make the best Breast Man cocktail.

On the grounds of basic decency - and to foster greater creativity -  I rule that no cream drinks are allowed.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 08:04:51 pm »

Quote from: colmore
I rule that no cream drinks are allowed.

Also, no variations on The Slippery Nipple. But you are so right.

If only more people accepted M.O.D.O.K. as their lord and saviour, I am certain we would have better mixed drinks.

C.A.N.N.E.D.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2007, 09:10:05 pm »

Leg Men certainly don't have anything like this. We need to organize or something. The LEAST we can do is a marketing agreement to start buying whiskey from Jack In The Box or something.

No love for Face Men?  Some people I know won't even acknowledge our existence; they think we're just too polite to discuss the other parts of a woman's body.  I guess in some ways that makes for a pretty good start, though, following the secret brotherhood model for these sorts of things.

What a fantastic strip; the humor just keeps escalating.  It reaches a critical mass of awesome in panel four and after that there's just no looking back.  I love it when a story arc that started as basically a single joke shifts into high gear like this.  It's so beautiful to watch.
Logged

basula

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Corvette ignition ringtone (Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 ))
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2007, 11:09:30 pm »

Hey Touamb, what's up. Inspired by today's comic, I made a Corvette ignition ringtone:

http://stashbox.org/12780/corvettestarting.amr

It's in Nokia AMR format, which works on most Nokias and on Treos. The source sound is from the Lucasfilm Sound Effects collection. It's a 1990 Corvette apparently.

Enjoy!

p.s. you might also be interested in the Institutionalized ringtone I made:
http://www.stashbox.org/uploads/1145297341/institutionalized.amr
(referenced in http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04172006)
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2007, 01:12:51 am »

Leg Men certainly don't have anything like this. We need to organize or something. The LEAST we can do is a marketing agreement to start buying whiskey from Jack In The Box or something.

The problem is that Leg men are like people who grow orchids, a nice set of legs is something that only exists for a fleeting period before withering before the winter of age and cream buns. Breast and legs guys are all about the quantity, not the quality.


Mattgiraffe: Your avatar is rocking my world.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2007, 01:28:56 am »

I take offense at that. Quality is what it is all about.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2007, 01:40:43 am »

I'm having difficulty thinking up a cocktail that fellas who love breasts would drink?

Anyway, mattgiraffe has an AWESOME avatar.

***EDIT, 900 posts!
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2007, 01:44:07 am »

I'm having difficulty thinking up a cocktail that fellas who love breasts would drink?
I'm trying to figure out a way to involve flan.
And cherries.

I take offense at that. Quality is what it is all about.

While I appreciate the nicely formed bosom or buttock these examples of 'rude titties' as they have been presented to me show no signs of decent QA whatsoever.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2007, 02:30:49 am »

Grapefruit juice, high-end vodka and just enough 7-Up to make the top fizz... served in an Erlenmeyer flask?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2007, 02:35:58 am »

Feet men just get crass websites, and skeevy pictures.

"Waiter... a foot-man over here!"

Then the footman comes and throws you out of the establishment.

(The crass website isn't that crass at all.  It could have been crasser.)
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2007, 02:45:26 am »

This is one of the funniest things I've read on the internet in a long while.  James Bond in a towel indeed.

Also, leg man, here.  And neck man.  I like long soft necks on a girl.  Do I ever.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2007, 03:27:42 am »

As an aside, I finally checked out the alt-text and...

That, right there, is damned funny joke that I wouldn't get if I didn't live in "In-N-Out" territory.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2007, 03:31:47 am »

Grapefruit juice, high-end vodka and just enough 7-Up to make the top fizz... served in an Erlenmeyer flask?

Perhaps, but the flask I think is too over the top for a secret-society drink.  Just a plain tumbler would be fine, but it would have to be served upon a small disc with a picture of a breast on it, and the drink should have ice so that the condensation on the glass slowly moistens the breast over the course of the night, making a subtle, but noticeable, change in the photograph.

And you can NEVER drink one alone.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

Bjorn the Destroyer

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 67
  • By Odin's beard!
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2007, 03:36:30 am »

Grapefruit juice, high-end vodka and just enough 7-Up to make the top fizz... served in an Erlenmeyer flask?

I am highly in favor of beverages served in lab glassware. All gin-tonics stirred with glass pipettes. All shots out of test tubes. All whiskey old-fashioneds in volumetric flasks.

This said, I would figure fine brandies to be more of a Breast Man liquor. Especially served in a snifter.
Logged
3-6-9 12-15-18 21-24-27 30

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2007, 03:43:58 am »

We could also get a pink gumdrop in there, somewhere.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up