Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )  (Read 11740 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Hey Touamb, what's up. Inspired by today's comic, I made a Corvette ignition ringtone:

http://stashbox.org/12780/corvettestarting.amr

It's in Nokia AMR format, which works on most Nokias and on Treos. The source sound is from the Lucasfilm Sound Effects collection. It's a 1990 Corvette apparently.

Enjoy!

p.s. you might also be interested in the Institutionalized ringtone I made:
http://www.stashbox.org/uploads/1145297341/institutionalized.amr
(referenced in http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04172006)

If my phone could use that, I would love to try out the corvette ignition for a bit..  That would probably be the only ring tone I'd ever consider putting on my phone, and it would be excellent..
Logged
~

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2007, 04:31:27 am »

Also, leg man, here.  And neck man.  I like long soft necks on a girl.  Do I ever.

Yeah yeah yeah, the better to wrap your hands around and squeeze, I'm supposing.

You have trained me to expect these horrible things.
Logged
We must repeat!

basula

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2007, 04:36:15 am »

Well, I don't know if your phone can do mp3 either, but here it is as mp3. Maybe you can convert it to something your phone can use.

http://stashbox.org/12793/corvettestarting.mp3

and once I actually had this on my phone I realized it needed to be shorter (so it would loop faster), so I trimmed it down and posted it again:

http://stashbox.org/12794/corvettestarting.amr


Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2007, 04:41:45 am »

Jough-- it seems to me like people need increasingly specific things to get off.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2007, 07:02:20 am »

People think I'm weird, but I especially like women's jawlines.  Nothing else turns me on like a girl with a nice, firm, angular, almost-but-not-quite-masculine jawline...  I think I need to change the subject.

I am highly in favor of beverages served in lab glassware. All gin-tonics stirred with glass pipettes. All shots out of test tubes. All whiskey old-fashioneds in volumetric flasks.

I have long entertained the test tube shot concept.  It would be fantastic for parties - all screaming "I'M CHANGING!  I'M CHANGING!" after each shot, all shambling around like Mr. Hyde...  I never get around to actually buying them, though.  The main problem is that plastic tubes would be tacky, and I'm worried glass ones would inevitably break when some asshole slammed one down on the table.

Also: Graduated cylinder beer bongs.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2007, 07:18:24 am »

I like the brandy idea, I'll mix some stuff up tomorrow, I'll probably find a good mix with a creme de various fruit liqueur of some type and we can keep the grapefruit because it is the rudest breast-like size
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2007, 09:41:40 am »

According to my friend in Inorganic Chem/Materials Science, hella partying with lab glassware is more common than you'd think, and way more common than it probably should be. The answer here is less that scientists are a secret cult and more that scientists tend to have more new glassware lying around than, say, paper cups, and that scientists often have poor judgment involving their alcohol-related recreation activities.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2007, 01:19:46 pm »

Ash, it's Pavlovian now.

Inev: Fetishism is all about specificity.

Ringtone n00b (too lazy to scroll up the page to see your name, but not too lazy to type a paragraph about why I'm not calling you by name - c'est la vie): this is now my ringtone.  Thank you.  Perhaps someday you will further distinguish yourself so that I remember your handle. 

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2007, 01:45:52 pm »

Well, I don't know if your phone can do mp3 either, but here it is as mp3. Maybe you can convert it to something your phone can use.

This is also assuming he doesn't use Verizon. Their phones can use mp3's but are crippled at the factory to deactivate this feature. Also, bluetooth.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2007, 02:43:39 pm »

This is also assuming he doesn't use Verizon. Their phones can use mp3's but are crippled at the factory to deactivate this feature. Also, bluetooth.

Yeah, seriously.  I was all psyched to get a bluetooth-enabled phone so my phone and PDA could talk to each other.  And then... it doesn't frickin' work, because Verizon is a bunch of bastards.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2007, 03:50:15 pm »

jough-- it was actually a quote. of something you said on IRC back in the day.
I remembered it because I remember that I had a really good joke to make about it, but I never said it because I had to go eat dinner or something.

...weird.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Enkidu

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • I think my hearts explodin! THESE KNIVES!
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2007, 06:27:26 pm »

This is also assuming he doesn't use Verizon. Their phones can use mp3's but are crippled at the factory to deactivate this feature. Also, bluetooth.
Theres a simple (and legal) workaround to let them play mp3's, but it requires a phone that takes a memory card.  I've done it on my razr to get some cool mp3 ringtones (theme to Arrested Development, Fraggle Rock song, etc.).  You also need a computer with a memory card reader.
  • record a short audio file with your phone, and make sure its being saved to the memory card
  • put the memory card in your computer
  • copy your mp3 into the same directory as the audio recording you made (has a long numerical name with a weird extension)
  • copy the weird filename of the audio recording and paste it onto the name of the mp3, including the extension (you'll have to rename the other file before it'll let you set your mp3 to this filename)
  • delete old file, put memory card back into your phone, set file as ringtone
You've just replaced the "data" of the audio recording you made with the data of the mp3 you want.  The recordings are apparently mp3s just with a different file extension.  Theres also a hack to let you do this, but it'll void your warranty.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2007, 06:51:41 pm »

I've always thought test-tube shots are fairly common, but perhaps that's because I've lived in college towns since I was 18.  At our friendly neighborhood meat markets, a slutty barmaid will carry around a rack of test tubes filled with cloying, neon liquids with names like "Acapulco Shiatsu." 

For a dollar, she'll pour one into your mouth.  For five bucks, she'll tuck it into her cleavage and let you extract it with your mouth (you generally lean in, wrap your lips around it, linger for a second or three, and then slowly slip the test tube from the bosom's embrace.  Then you violently jerk your head back and shoot the beverage, remove the tube from your mouth and yell something like "WOOOOOOOOO!" before sheepishly handing your empty tube back to the barmaid.

Dogg I cannot brook the candy cocktails, so I have no idea if they actually contain any alcohol.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a good way of getting rid of excess sour mix and cranberry concentrate.
Logged

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2007, 07:41:38 pm »

Three words: Klein Bottle Margarita.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2007, 07:45:58 pm »


For a dollar, she'll pour one into your mouth.  For five bucks, she'll tuck it into her cleavage and let you extract it with your mouth (you generally lean in, wrap your lips around it, linger for a second or three, and then slowly slip the test tube from the bosom's embrace.  Then you violently jerk your head back and shoot the beverage, remove the tube from your mouth and yell something like "WOOOOOOOOO!" before sheepishly handing your empty tube back to the barmaid.


Wow, that is seriously gross and makes me want to go all feminist on someone's ass but all I can think to say is that she ought charge a lot more than that and I hope her titties are hella rude to you when you are finished.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up