Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )  (Read 11766 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2007, 07:51:02 pm »

Three words: Klein Bottle Margarita.

one word: CAN'D
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2007, 08:20:44 pm »

Where would you put the slice of lime?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2007, 08:22:49 pm »

The klein margarita would contain EVERY slice of lime in the universe.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2007, 10:14:24 pm »

Three words: Klein Bottle Margarita.

This is possible.

(fixed link - w)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 10:33:24 pm by wombat »
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2007, 10:32:10 pm »

There was a club I used to go to that did the test tube thing for a while, I really didn't like it because it seemed like air got caught in the tube and made my imbibing take longer. Of course now that same club has freaking plastic shot glasses which is even crappier so I guess I should have been pleased with what I had.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2007, 11:21:50 pm »

Wow, that is seriously gross and makes me want to go all feminist on someone's ass but all I can think to say is that she ought charge a lot more than that and I hope her titties are hella rude to you when you are finished.

A can for you, my good Womby!  Exactly what I was thinkin'!  IBTP.
Logged

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2007, 11:33:02 pm »

There was a club I used to go to that did the test tube thing for a while, I really didn't like it because it seemed like air got caught in the tube and made my imbibing take longer. Of course now that same club has freaking plastic shot glasses which is even crappier so I guess I should have been pleased with what I had.

Yes, science types party with labware quite frequently.

You have to hold the test tube in your teeth and open your lips to allow air in the sides, then tilt your head back. If necessary, flick your tongue briefly into the test tube to "pop" the air bubble (in a sense). Then the liquid will flow freely.

Don't ask me how I know this lore. All I'll tell you is that this place has a lot to do with it.

<.<


>.>



Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2007, 11:36:03 pm »

See the thing that bothers me about all this is that I *am* a science type, I did my honours in chemistry ferchrissake (and chemists are heavy drinkers), which just leads me to the belief that I get invited to the wrong parties.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2007, 11:37:45 pm »

See the thing that bothers me about all this is that I *am* a science type, I did my honours in chemistry ferchrissake (and chemists are heavy drinkers), which just leads me to the belief that I get invited to the wrong parties.

Wanna go out?

 :-*
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2007, 11:40:46 pm »

Of course, so long as you show me where these good parties are.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2007, 11:54:35 pm »

Quote from: Doc
Of course, so long as you show me where these good parties are.

Your profile says you are from Austrailia.

Now, if I know my Broad Cultural Stereotypes, and I think I do, Austrailia pretty much INVENTED good parties.

Like, in America, the best parties we had were okay parties, until an Austrailian immigrant introduced good parties to Tijuana in the early '30s and they quickly spread to San Diego and all of America from here.

You should be able to find good parties like a bird finds South, such as with a magnet in your nose.

My Broad Cultural Stereotypes lie shattered at my feet.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

ktoad

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 24
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
    • chemical comics daily
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2007, 08:48:17 pm »

Damn, all we Eye Men get is a subscription to Chewing and a signed 8x10 of Joe Don Baker.   :-[
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2007, 11:46:10 pm »

Damn, all we Eye Men get is a subscription to Chewing and a signed 8x10 of Joe Don Baker.   :-[

that's awesome. I want that.

okay, obviously this drink is served in a champagne coupe. I'm now trying to finalize the ratios so that it's the color of skin.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2007, 02:36:03 am »

Now, if I know my Broad Cultural Stereotypes, and I think I do, Austrailia pretty much INVENTED good parties.

The problem is due to the exchange rate most of the good parties go to the export market these days. Most of the parties we get around here now are relatively cheap asian imports.

Maybe I mis-spoke when I said good parties, I go to good parties but not parties where people are abusing lab ware for alcoholic purposes. I'm wondering whether they just drill OHS stuff into us harder down here?

I also have a theory that Australians are relatively normal people until we head overseas when we become party-holics. I think it's to do with living on an island: everywhere else seems basically made up and therefore once you are in foreign lands you feel like your actions are free of consequence.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call from a Fireman (22 February 2007 )
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2007, 02:53:20 am »

Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up