Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist  (Read 7652 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2007, 10:30:35 am »

I have not even told a story about pot in this thread, all I am trying to say is that not all drug users are dumb.

In fact, if their is a war on drugs then that means that drug users are beating the organized government.  We are winning by default, just by not being dumb (Bill Hicks again, only he says it funny).
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2007, 12:10:33 pm »

Dude I don't think anyone is down on weed that badly, it's just a matter of not hearing about it all the goddamn time. It's such as when I catch a bus from uni on a friday night and all the dudes who live on campus get on drunk and talk about nothing about how drunk they are it's damn tedious is what it is.
That said this is a message board and I can skip your posts if they aren't entertaining me so post away, just don't act like this is some deep attack on your way of life.

I think all that most of us are trying to covey here is... let's be honest, deep down we all post on messageboards so that strangers on the Internet will think we are fascinating and valuable people. So it's not a question of whether marijuana should be illegal or whether drinking is better than magic mushrooms or whether you, KH, can be a functioning member of society in your spare time from using drugs.  It's a question of whether you are making the impression of a valuable, interesting, contributing member of this particular internet community by talking about this subject at every possible opportunity.

Just a word to the wise, and all.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2007, 12:23:50 pm »

You are totally right.  This does not seem like a good thread to discuss the hypocrisy of marijuana prohibition.

Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist



I am sorry that I keep bringing this up out of the blue.

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2007, 04:18:20 pm »

Keith, I don't think anyone really cares how much drugs you do.  You are free to live your life in the way that you choose.  You are not being judged, but we got a good chuckle when you wrote...

You know, people that do drugs don't always talked about how fucked up they are/ were.

because clearly it's one of your favorite subjects.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2007, 06:51:28 pm »

My commentary has pretty much already been covered, but to sum it up: I am not condemning marijuana. I am personally of the opinion that, if drug policy is evaluated on a strict "likelihood to ruin lives" scale, marijuana being illegal while alcohol and tobacco are both legal is nonsense. However, this does not make stories of how fucked up you got entertaining to me, and a vast proportion of your current message-board persona seems to be based on the drugs you've used and how fucked up they got you at various points. If this bothers you, it might be time for introspection.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2007, 07:09:06 pm »

And that sums it up so well that I think nothing further needs to be said.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up