I particularly identify with Ray's question as toward whether the cashier is hot.
For reasons I cannot completely explain, there are few things that make me happier than seeing a very pretty lady performing a job that you would not generally assume a gorgeous woman would be doing or rarely see a woman of any appearance performing.
Hot long-haul trucker lady. Hot DMV bureaucrat lady. Hot motorcycle cop lady.
At one point in college, friends of mine and I were driving into the suburbs to go do some Rock N Bowl and... we saw an extremely hot Thruway toll booth lady? Man. There was hell of high-fives and talk about seeing a hot lady working in a toll booth for weeks.
Hot Fed-Ex Driver Lady? I'm instantly crushing on her, even though I would never actually cheat on my girlfriend... ditto for Hot CVS Clerk-Type Person Lady.
Oh man, Hot 7-11 Worker Lady? I'll become completely entranced by that. How could a hot lady be working such a depressing job? Generally, if there is a hot lady working a convenience store, it usually turns out that her parents are Ethnic and own the place and she's working out of family obligation as opposed to HAVING to work in a 7-11... or as I call it "The Eighteen".
But down in Hollywood? The 7-11 at Cherokee & Sunset is occasionally staffed by a young woman of Indian-Subcontinental descent who just... is too great-looking to be working there. She is clearly the daughter of the owner.
Is it contrast that draws me to this? Their beauty given harsh relief against the lonely dusty toll booth or the goddamn week-old hot dogs? Is it a boyish giddiness of realizing that there are pretty ladies everywhere if you just keep your eyes peeled?
I have no idea.
But I feel Ray on this one.
I wholeheartedly agree with the imaginary cat.