Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird celebrity crushes?  (Read 10623 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2007, 05:02:25 pm »

Clearly you've never seen The Great Khali
Not to be deliberately contrary, but Richard Kiel?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2007, 06:07:14 pm »

Side_Show-- you, and that concept, are hell of canned. Ladies who are a little bit like boys but are still Very much Ladies are wonderful.

PS:
Why is it ok for people to call me Dan the Man, but not for me to call my friend Katie "Katie the Lady?" I know it's a slight slant rhyme, but, come on! I was proud of that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2007, 06:15:48 pm »

PS:
Why is it ok for people to call me Dan the Man, but not for me to call my friend Katie "Katie the Lady?" I know it's a slight slant rhyme, but, come on! I was proud of that.

I'm sorry but there is only one *an the Man and he signs off with "Excelsior!" You'd also have to say "true believer" a lot.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2007, 09:08:49 pm »

ok, have you ever seen someone who was so much the essence of what you find attractive that... it became a parody? I realized today that that is why this girl in one of my classes makes me so uncomfortable. It is the me-equivalent of a fake-tanned blonde with big fake breasts. I look at her and I realize how silly the things I am attracted to are.

At the same time, she is really pretty.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2007, 09:11:26 pm »

See, I think the sexy quotient, for me is pro-femmie, anti-trying-to-pass-as-female.  Same goes for the ladies.  I love a lady who is boyish, but not trying to pass for a boy.  A lady wearing a little argyle sweater, but still having styled one's hair or put on make-up?  Sexy.  It's something about nuance, I suppose.  The implication of being happy with one's gender, but willing to dance on the line.  That is hella sexy to me.
Just so, I dig ladies who are ladies but can pull off practical ##### (is it weird that in my mind being feminine relates directly to how impractical the clothes you are wearing are?).
I'm fairly sure I can't manage to be this type of sexy as I'm not huge on make up for either gender and am at a loss for other ways for me to achieve femininity.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2007, 09:43:05 pm »

ok, have you ever seen someone who was so much the essence of what you find attractive that... it became a parody? I realized today that that is why this girl in one of my classes makes me so uncomfortable. It is the me-equivalent of a fake-tanned blonde with big fake breasts. I look at her and I realize how silly the things I am attracted to are.

At the same time, she is really pretty.

Whoa, kids get breast implants that young?? Aren't you a freshman in college, theinev?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2007, 09:50:17 pm »

Whoa, kids get breast implants that young?? Aren't you a freshman in college, theinev?

I think he was using an example. The average guy likes tan women and big breasts. But then the average guy sees a woman with comically large breast and who is horribly over tan and that woman is so over the top as to be a parody of his preferences.

tI saw a woman that took his own preferences to comical extremes. So like not just nerdy/emo glasses but like Buddy Holly/Drew Cary glasses. Stuff like that.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2007, 10:17:38 pm »

I thought maybe he just saw a lady's face on a taco. But a ludicrously huge taco.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2007, 12:30:43 am »

Oh man.  I would so eat the hell out of that taco.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2007, 02:09:10 am »

no, it was like... she was short, and slim, not busty, overly thick lips, really thick dark hair... I can't explain it in a way that conveys how over the top she is. But basically it was very surprising and confusing. She is also Israeli, which confirms the hypothesis that I fall for Jewish girls real easy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2007, 02:31:09 am »

I am pretty much the same way about... like... Mediterranian girls.

Spanish girls, Italian girls, Greek girls, etc. They basically drive me crazy. I would guess that is because I am a quarter Italian and half Slovenian, which though it used to be part of Yugoslavia is pretty much culturally like northern Italy. All people from mountains just off the sea.

However, the love of my life is Irish and German and a little Sioux so, like, there's that.

She's pretty much the complete opposite of the swarthy girls that drive me nuts.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2007, 02:36:41 am »

yeah, Mediterranean girls do that for me, too. Shit. I went to Italy for 2 weeks once... and I thought I could die right then and be happy.

none of the girls I have dated have been anywhere near this, either.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2007, 02:51:30 am »

Well, there is a lot of genetic overlap between the Southern European ladies and the Semetic ladies. Many shared traits. Some of the hottest girls back in college were members of The Tribe, so to speak.

However, for reasons having nothing to do with their ethnicity religion or hotness, they were also usually bitches of mythical potency. No, it had nothing to do with their faith or genetics or the rudeness of their titties why they were bitches.

It was because they were raised as wealthy Long Islanders. And wealthy Long Islanders are pretty much the most crap people in the English-speaking world. Lower-middle-class Long Islanders can be awesome people, especially people from the parts of Long Island that might as well really just be Queens East.

Wrestling's Mick Foley, for example. Wrestling's Andy Kaufman, for a second example. My girlfriend, for a third example.

But oh, the sense of entitlement on a rich person from Long Island.

Good Lord, they're like the worst rich people ever.

At least rich Texas people are funny in a sad kind of way.

Ain't nothin' funny about a Long Island rich person.

EDIT: The reason that they are so awful is that... not only are they assholes in the way that the born-wealthy are pretty-much-always assholes? But, because of their general proximity to New York City, they still believe that they are fuck*ng street and fuck*ng urban and fuck*ng tough.

Even though they yacht and play polo and shit, they're fuck*ng tough because two or three times a year they take the train into Manhattan to get drunk with people who are merely upper-middle class and it makes them feel so goddamn experienced.

Oh man. Worst rich people ever.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 03:00:47 am by littlefallsmets »
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2007, 08:38:58 pm »

It will probably surprise no one to learn that I loves me some Neko Case.  She's dreamy, and she rocks.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2007, 11:14:03 pm »

It will probably surprise no one to learn that I loves me some Neko Case.  She's dreamy, and she rocks.

Amen to that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up