Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird celebrity crushes?  (Read 10606 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2007, 12:06:58 am »

neko case-- pretty pretty.

Jenny Lewis-- not pretty, people. She is not attractive. She makes great music. She has a great voice. But no, you do not want to look like her.

edit: I feel the need to clarify-- I am specifically bitter about this. Because I watched, over the course of a year, my then-girlfriend slowly ruin every positive physical trait she had in order to "look like jenny lewis." This enraged me, because JENNY LEWIS IS NOT PRETTY! FUCK!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2007, 12:39:23 am »

As an impartial third-party, I have looked into the Jenny Lewis matter.

I have taken internet pictures into account and can render judgement:

This Jenny Lewis is not pretty. I do not find her sexually attractive.

She is not UGLY, exactly, but is very mannish in the face and her skull seems to have been mushed around a bit when she was young and she got stuck that way, with that pronounced "Skeletor" like facial structure that is pretty much not attractive to me.

She looks a good deal like one of those transsexual dudes who got the start on his/her hormones in their teens so that his/her stayed boyish and developed some female secondary traits naturally at the end of his/her growth cycle, such as slender shoulders, not much of a male brow, wider hips, some natural bust and butt growth, etc.

And yet there is also a weird boyish maleness remaining that is completely unattractive to a straight dude such as myself and probably most pinning-the-back-end-of-the-Kinsey-scale straight dudes.

Not that there is anything wrong with hanging out in the middle of the scale there and digging boyish ladies or girlish men... but it pretty much isn't within my range.

And the eerie thing is that... she isn't a MANLY kind of unfeminine. She is definitely is a BOYISH kind of unfeminine. It is not like a hearty mannishness like the lady from THIRD ROCK FROM THE SUN or the lady from THAT 70S SHOW.

It is an off-putting boyishness that allows her to be not at all pretty or sexually attractive without being ugly in any measurable way.

Such as you look at her and say "Huh, she looks like a completely presentable 13-year-old boy. I am not repulsed but I am not aroused in any way."

This is my verdict after seeing, like, four pictures of her.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2007, 12:44:53 am »

neko case-- pretty pretty.

Jenny Lewis-- not pretty, people. She is not attractive. She makes great music. She has a great voice. But no, you do not want to look like her.

edit: I feel the need to clarify-- I am specifically bitter about this. Because I watched, over the course of a year, my then-girlfriend slowly ruin every positive physical trait she had in order to "look like jenny lewis." This enraged me, because JENNY LEWIS IS NOT PRETTY! FUCK!

Wouldn't that sort of make her a perfect "weird celebrity crush" in that it sort of makes no sense to find her attractive?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2007, 01:17:44 am »

Wouldn't that sort of make her a perfect "weird celebrity crush" in that it sort of makes no sense to find her attractive?
Just becuase it might be contextually appropriate doesn't make it right.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2007, 01:31:19 am »

Just becuase it might be contextually appropriate doesn't make it right.

Well heck, I had though it said Jerry Lewis at first, so think how I felt!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2007, 02:27:44 am »

I think that if I have time to Google images of a singer I have never heard of because someone is posting about her appearance on a messageboard, I need to get a full time job again.

She didn't look that horrible to me but, people, what the hell. No one looks good with bangs like that. Why don't people realize this? If you have bangs like that, please stop.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2007, 02:44:22 am »

I think there is this thing where nerd-girls realize that nerd-boys look upon Bettie Page as a hot-nerd-girl icon and... just really take the idea and fuck it up.

It worked on Bettie Page because she was a really gorgeous lady whose only physical weirdness was that she had a really long forehead. Miles of forehead on that otherwise-hot-lady. That is why the Bettie Page bangs worked on her and... pretty much only her.

So many ladies learned the wrong lesson from her hair and... pretty much made a trainwreck of their bangs.

It might work on Christina Ricci, though, who has a huge forehead and is hot when she not painfully thin, which she is half the time now that she is the goth Oprah in terms of yo-yoing weight.

Will someone explain to her that nerd-boys liked her BECAUSE she was a little fluffier than most actresses, not despite it? I mean, jeez.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2007, 03:18:18 am »

Maybe she realises this and is trying to discourage the nerdboy market?

Although now I need to go watch the opposite of sex or something.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2007, 03:20:56 am »

I dunno.

I am a nerd-boy and how terrible "Buffalo '66" was pretty much turned me off already.

"Look, lady, I'm sorry, I can't sex-imagine about you anymore. You read the script to Buffalo '66 and you reacted in a manner other than having the writer killed by the mob. I'm sorry. It... it probably wasn't going to work out anyway."
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2007, 03:34:27 am »

I havent seen that.
Now I will not.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2007, 04:00:18 am »

Actually, the appearance-judging thing always ends up feeling a little unseemly to me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2007, 06:22:53 am »

It worked on Bettie Page because she was a really gorgeous lady whose only physical weirdness was that she had a really long forehead. Miles of forehead on that otherwise-hot-lady. That is why the Bettie Page bangs worked on her and... pretty much only her.

I have to agree with the giant forehead=yes bangs theorem because I have a giant parabolic-mirror forehead that painfully reflects light into people's eyes unless it is covered up by bangs. For people with smaller, non-reflective foreheads, don't wear bangs because your forehead is not a danger to society!

On the subject of weird celebrity crushes, I have an unexplained crush on Thomas Pynchon.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2007, 06:44:38 am »

Jesus H. Christo, Buffalo 66 was so terrible that I wanted to gouge out my own eyes, then I reconsidered and wanted Vincent Gallo's head on a pike for my time and trouble wasted on his awful movie.

I still think Christina Ricci is hot, though. She's still one of my favorite actresses. But I HATED her character in that movie.
Logged

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2007, 05:46:24 am »

I am unreasonably attracted to Cillian Murphy, particularly his beautiful transvestite incarnation in Breakfast on Pluto.

I had the most massive crush on Christina Ricci a couple of years ago, but I think what I really wanted was to be in love with Wednesday Addams.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Weird celebrity crushes?
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2007, 05:49:50 am »

When I saw trailers for "Red Eye" I was basically wandering around wondering why I'd never seen Christopher Reeves' daughter in any movies before. I didn't even know he had a daughter!

And then I was told that was a boy. I am still not certain that is actually a boy.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up