Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: March 2007 - in like a blog, out like a lamb  (Read 6805 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
March 2007 - in like a blog, out like a lamb
« on: March 05, 2007, 12:12:42 am »

Cornelius's pub only plays U2's old stuff? That moron, everybody knows only the new stuff is worth listening to. And why can't more establishments use the modern (circa 1982) spellings? To do otherwise reeks of gender-hubris.

I'm not a big fan of buttered noodle but I am a big fan of voluptuous nude maidens so that checks out.

http://journeyintoreason.blogspot.com/2007/03/corneliuss-new-pub-absolutely-disgusts.html

http://orezscu.blogspot.com/2007/03/foto-quiz-no-2.html

http://corneliusbear.blogspot.com/2007/03/dude-and-catastrophe-modest-success.html
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: March 2007 - in like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 12:29:45 am »

man, I love me some Gender Hubris.
I try to be open-minded about these things, but I often find them difficult to take seriously. This makes my friends really really mad.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 2007 - in like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 12:46:03 am »

"You don't fiddle with the things in your pocket at the end of that interview — you take the man's hand firmly and give him a locker."

I need to remember this line, in case I am ever in the position to hire someone.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: March 2007 - in like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 12:47:28 am »

I love how Pat thinks that writing "WOMYN" on his bathroom door is enough to make him a feminist.
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 2007 - in like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 01:12:14 am »

In Pat-logic, realizing he's gay probably automatically makes him a feminist.

As though the moment he accepted that he's into dick-touch, he decided there was this whole other subset of issues that he now had to be indignant about and begrudgingly accepted that some weird twisted Pat-version of women's rights was one of them.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: March 2007 - in like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 01:34:49 am »

It's good to see Pat back to full strength. For a while I was worried that we'd lost him for good.
Logged

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: March 2007 - in like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 01:37:18 am »

"There is something about the French system of eating, there is a logic to it that cares like a mother for even a stranger far afield. The Germans have their shiny shoes, and the Chinese have electrical engineering students raining off of high rooftops, but give me the French any day."

This cracked me up. :)

Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: March 2007 - in like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 01:40:08 am »

Ahh, Pat's blog is like a fresh breath of vitriol on an otherwise pleasant Alaskan afternoon.
Logged

katal

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: March 2007 - in like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 04:12:30 am »

Reading about Cornelius and Pat's experiences really makes me wish that I had opened a pub of my own. What excitement - all choosing what ales to offer, what to music to make available, etc.
Logged

Doc Benway

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 22
  • That's right Stouffer, you help!
    • View Profile
Re: March 2007 - in like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 09:09:45 pm »

It was weird to read about Crewe Alexandra being shown in Cornelius' pub. Crewe is only about 5 miles from where I grew up, my Mum teaches in a school there in fact, and they are a pretty small (and to be honest, not very good) team. Strange choice, Mr. Onstad, but I approve.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 2007 - in like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 10:32:58 pm »

http://raysmuckles.blogspot.com/2007/03/nothin.html

I am impressed that Ray understands there are Austrailians reading it.

I am impressed that he understands Austrailia has computers and it isn't just beer, surfing, koalas and rude bikini titties.

I am proud of the imaginary cat's worldliness.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: March 2007 - in like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 11:06:49 pm »

Ray is correct. At the time he was having a good day, I was having a good night.
Did I just blow your mind?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: March 2007 - in like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 04:52:21 am »

http://raysmuckles.blogspot.com/2007/03/nothin.html

I am impressed that Ray understands there are Austrailians reading it.

I am impressed that he understands Austrailia has computers and it isn't just beer, surfing, koalas and rude bikini titties.

I am proud of the imaginary cat's worldliness.

Someday I'll get to visit Aus. It sounds like a fabulous country. Doc, suggestions about stuff to do there? I know that's kind of a tall order because it's such a huge country... anyway, you're in Queensland, right?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 2007 - in like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 01:13:30 am »

Squirrel police are frickin' awesome. They have premeditated speeding and tickets for sweet cars.

http://mollysanders.blogspot.com/2007/03/achewood-list-march-11-2007.html
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 2007 - in like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 03:03:22 am »

She took the time to delineate that she is Miss Lady.

Just to make her man-preferences perfectly clear.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up