Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here  (Read 7938 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile

RAY SMUCKLES: HE GETS THINGS DONE.

...of course, even a dude such as he feels the need to glance over his shoulder and make sure nobody can see him replying to a Nigerian spammer.  I was definitely not expecting a follow-up strip, but I'm much more surprised by how amusing it is.
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
8 March 2007 - I am familiar with the way cash seems and behaves
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 03:24:00 am »

I like where this is going.
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: 8 March 2007 - I am familiar with the way cash seems and behaves
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 03:26:54 am »

Bah! 26 seconds too slow!  Here is the correct thread, until this one gets deleted.
Logged

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: 8 March 2007 - I am familiar with the way cash seems and behaves
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 03:32:02 am »

Oh man, now I feel bad for beating you to it - yours is by far the better thread title.  Here, have a tiny can as consolation.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 03:43:32 am »

Raymond Smuckles, the dude can throw away 5k just to mess with a spammer.
And maybe, if he's lucky, get a burrito chain going.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 03:53:36 am »

Did Ray finally learn his lesson about balancing drinks on top of the monitor is it just off panel?
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 04:04:48 am »

I would sign every letter ever "In Christ" but not everyone would understand the context and...

"In Christ, like, totally ironically" loses something in the explanation.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 04:20:40 am »

Am I the only person who had a totally sinking feeling reading this? I was all, "Oh no! Ray! Don't do it! You could lose all your Aibos! Nooooo!"

I mean, if anyone could pull it off, Ray could; but I'm guessing he'll need Beef or someone to bail him out somehow.

Or am I still such an Achewood noob that I'm missing some key part of Ray's personality that makes him immune to such scams? Am I missing something? Tell me, please, if I'm missing something.
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 04:28:13 am »

No way did Ray put $5k in a bank account. If he's smart he'll tell the bank he did so, and then tell the bank authorities to arrest anyone who comes in trying to access an account under that name.

I hate spammers so much. Dammit, my face hurts (see my previous post about having lots of dental work done to counteract damage sustained from passing out and breaking teeth after smoking weed in high school. I just got back from the dentist. Ow).
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 04:45:34 am »

Quote from: Muse_Of_Fire
Tell me, please, if I'm missing something.

Dude bears both the luck of the Fun God's Medallion and the basic twisted assumptions of the Born Rich.

Dude wasn't just born on third base and thought he got a triple, dude was born on third base with no outs and the dude coming up to the plate is the type of hitter who is just gonna sky it out to the warning track in right. And the opposing team's right fielder has no arm, he's just a real good hitter who used to be a catcher and they had to put him somewhere.

Dude was born into a prime sac-fly situation, is what I'm saying. The next guy don't even got to get a hit to drive him in. Ray can score on the next dude making an out. That is how set he is from the start.

This is why dudes like Ray basically need to be given as little actual power as possible, they're so used to being able to do anything they want with the assumption money's gonna clean up the mess.

This is why dudes such as Ray should not be president. There is the automatic presumption that all goals are as achievable as throwing a couple of extra bucks at a party for a primo caterer and, bam, a hit shindig.

Important Things don't work like that.

The presumptive nature of the Born Rich is a Forrest Gump-like halo around a dude.

Dude is rendered full-on Chauncey Gardner by his dough. This is how the world works.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 04:53:55 am »

I don't think it's in Ray's nature to mess with a spammer and have the patience to really get him instead of just saying "PSYCHE!" or something along those lines at the end of the email. I think his signoff is really sincere, like he's feeling really good about himself for doing this.

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 04:54:47 am »

*drags lfm into a closet* Please... tell me more baseball analogies! *purrs*

Seriously though, thanks for the clarification. So the Aibos are safe?

(Although I am digging on the baseball analogies. Big time.)
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 04:57:24 am »

No way did Ray put $5k in a bank account. If he's smart he'll tell the bank he did so, and then tell the bank authorities to arrest anyone who comes in trying to access an account under that name.

Dude.  $5k is like Bazooka Joe money to Mr. Ray Smuckles.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 05:12:24 am »

Quote from: Muse_Of_Fire
(Although I am digging on the baseball analogies. Big time.)

I pretty much think in three kinds of analogies. Baseball, music and writing-theory.

This is because, as I have stated elsewhere, as far as I can tell the three coolest jobs are... writer, baseball player and rock star. I am completely uncoordinated and cannot play any instruments and so I am left with what I am left with.

My girl is painting a mural in the library at the school she works in and... I couldn't explain to her that she was being too subtle about something in the work until I was able to parse out the analogy of...

How people who have untrained ears will sometimes hear an awesome song that is just a voice and a piano or a voice and an acoustic guitar... and say "hell, this can't be that good a song, where's all the instruments?"

Only then did I properly explain myself. And then she agreed.

There were only three cultural institutions to speak of in Little Falls when I was a kid: the minor league baseball team, the Cannonball Valley Cinema Duplex and my dad's bitchin' record collection.

These things are pretty much who I am and want to be.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 05:28:35 am »

I pretty much think in three kinds of analogies. Baseball, music and writing-theory.

Dude!  You should be the next W.P. Kinsella.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up