Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here  (Read 7936 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2007, 04:45:16 am »

Of course. I mean, you can't expect to just look at pictures of breasts all day without a rest, Cort.

I'm glad that was specifically for Cort.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2007, 02:21:55 pm »

I'm glad that was specifically for Cort.

Don't try this at home. I do this for a living </Mythbusters>
Logged

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2007, 01:50:33 pm »

Actually, currywurst is pretty damn good.  But it's definitely different than anything you'd expect in the US.  But in a battle between a craving for currywurst and a good burrito or taco, because I'm a Coloradoan, gotta go with the Mexican food.  MM!  Especially Taqueria los Comales in Fort Collins, just across the railroad tracks.  I LOVE that place.  Even the lengua tacos, which a Colombian lady got me to try, weren't too bad (that's tongue for non-Spanish-speakers among youse)

I expect Bono will have reservations, feeling that a Currywurst franchise would be the way to take this thing, but I have it on good authority that those things are hell of gross.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2007, 04:04:08 pm »

That has got to be the highest cans-to-posts average on the board.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2007, 04:11:40 pm »

Except for that period of time when multiple cans could be granted in certain situations by some of the mod-type-people, I have to imagine you're right.

It was very early in my time here so I'm a little hazy on it, but I remember people with a few hundred posts having, like, 10000 soda-based kudo-units.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2007, 05:02:13 pm »

That has got to be the highest cans-to-posts average on the board.

I blame a combination of nepotism and general awesomeness.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2007, 05:27:42 pm »

Except for that period of time when multiple cans could be granted in certain situations by some of the mod-type-people, I have to imagine you're right.

It was very early in my time here so I'm a little hazy on it, but I remember people with a few hundred posts having, like, 10000 soda-based kudo-units.

Probably during one of my periodic 3 to 6 month blackouts.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2007, 05:34:02 pm »

yeah, Jough gave people huge numbers of cans for a while. it was ontonse, but then no one cared about them any more.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2007, 05:54:58 pm »

Ontonse?

A dude knows a lotta words and a dude does not know this one. A dude aced the verbal on his SATs, ten years ago back when such things mattered and a dude does not know this word.

Google suggests that it has something to do with an explosion of sexual energy but there is no strict definition. Is this a common word in some circles that I've never run across (I avoided the pun on "come across") or were you playing in a bit of ironic obfuscation?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2007, 06:07:54 pm »

Google suggests that it has something to do with an explosion of sexual energy

That's good enough for me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2007, 06:11:13 pm »

oh. um.

intense. intense is the word I meant to say. For some reason I started saying it as "ontonse" as a joke sometime in high-school, and never stopped.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2007, 06:25:35 pm »

I want to tell you that my wife really enjoys the kitten and the duck.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2007, 06:37:40 pm »

yeah. it comes from this time in high school when we were trying to come up with the cutest thing ever.

the winner was that a mother duck shows her affection by lightly "beaking" her offspring (this is accompanied by using your hand as a "beak" to lightly squeeze the person you are explaining this to. Usually on the shoulder.)

that was the winner, until someone said "oh my... oh my god. There's this little lost kitten. It doesn't have a mommy. And then... and then... the mother duck find it. IT BEAKS THE KITTEN!"
that was a good day for us.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2007, 06:38:06 pm »

Quote from: theinevitable
intense. intense is the word I meant to say. For some reason I started saying it as "ontonse" as a joke sometime in high-school, and never stopped.

Such as Captain Picard would say it, in his weird far flung future where the son of French vinter dude can have an upper-class British accent so pronounced as to verge onto the border of self-parody?

"Ehn-TONSE"... such as the dude says "SCHEDD-you-eele". Gotcha.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: March 8th, 2007 - We have these things called burritos out here
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2007, 07:36:15 pm »

I think Patrick Stewart should have played that role in his native West Yorkshire accent. And not just out of foolish county chauvinism.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up