Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."  (Read 8562 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 02:46:43 pm »

or that one where you get giant goiters on your leg.

I initially read this as "giant guitars."  That would be an awesome medical condition.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 02:49:07 pm »

What would somebody suffering from "plump leg" looks like? I assume only one leg has the plump, while the other is a perfectly normal, or even comely, leg. Half a pair of cankles?

He might have lymphodema. My ex-MIL had that. That is very rough chuckles indeed. I'm guessing CO isn't referring to that, though.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 03:29:29 pm »

This time the e-mail smokes two joints in the Afternoon.


Insert joke about [Giant Flask of Mojo] here.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2007, 02:54:07 am »

He might have lymphodema. My ex-MIL had that. That is very rough chuckles indeed. I'm guessing CO isn't referring to that, though.

that acronym really confused me for a minute.
"Hmmm...Nabu's ex-mother-he'd-like-to-? Why'd he truncate it? ....

 Oh, wait, it's mother in law..."
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2007, 02:58:25 am »

that acronym really confused me for a minute.
"Hmmm...Nabu's ex-mother-he'd-like-to-? Why'd he truncate it? ....

 Oh, wait, it's mother in law..."


I did the same exact thing. I feel less like an idiot now.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2007, 04:34:25 am »

This time the e-mail smokes two joints in the Afternoon.

Does anyone know how to make this happen? On a mac?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2007, 05:41:42 am »

What, no flowchart today?!  I feel cheated.

Does "Hilarious!" disprove my previous theories? Possibly. Possibly.

But if I have proven nothing else to you Awesome Internet People, I hope I have at least proven that I am pretty much pulling my theories out of my ass on the complete fly. I apologize to no man.

LFM, if this strip has shed serious doubt on your theory, it's shot mine completely to pieces.  And there's really no more reliable way to predict the course of an Achewood story arc than pulling a theory out your ass, either, as Onstad likely pulls a lot of his storyboards out of his ass as well.  If you have been proven wrong, it is only because you have failed to achieve the correct level of asshole-synchronicity.
Logged

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2007, 06:49:28 am »

The chances of achieving perfect asshole-synchronicity are 1/154967. This has been proven using dubious scientific methods (a.k.a. assholes).
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2007, 07:51:56 am »

I think that it is LITTLE NEPHEW.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2007, 10:03:58 am »

I think that it is LITTLE NEPHEW.

By God, you might be right.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2007, 01:33:17 pm »

Does anyone know how to make this happen? On a mac?

Download/rip song (I recommend the Toyes version)
Using the Mac Mail program go to preferences
general
click the dropdown on "New Mail Sound"
Select "add/remove"
go to where you stored the song, and click open
you may have to drop down and select it again, after you add it to the list, but I am not for sure.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2007, 04:33:35 pm »

Thankya sir.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Undertoad

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 34
  • Ye Olde Gifte Shoppe ande Ale Taverne Inne Keepere
    • View Profile
    • the Cellar
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2007, 08:12:54 pm »

Ray's different email sounds come from Sublime's "Smoke Two Joints".

Quote
I smoke two joints in the morning.
I smoke two joints at night.
I smoke two joints in the afternoon, it makes me feel alright
I smoke two joints in time of peace, and two in time of war
I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints,
And then I smoke two more

Apparently Ray uses different lines from the song for morning, afternoon and night.
Logged
-=My usual hangout: The Cellar
-=My daily image blog: Image of the Day

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2007, 08:55:17 pm »

Off-topic addendum to KeiHer's instructions: the new sound has to be saved as an AIFF file and placed in the (user)/Library/Sounds folder. Then it can be selected from Mail preferences.

(I've been setting up gizmos for two freakin' days solid and just cannot seem to exit that mode)
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: March 9, 2007 - I suffer from "plump leg."
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2007, 09:42:15 pm »

Ray's different email sounds come from (Sublime's Smoke Two Joints)

How do you know it is not the Toyes version?  I mean, they did write it.

Plus, the Toyes version has the line:

"I smoke two Joints when I play video games
and at every ten thousand points"
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 09:53:27 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up