Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Daylight's Saving of Time  (Read 18312 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2007, 10:08:43 pm »

Yeah, see we have other threads about pu$$ye, not Kevin Bacon - but actual bacon, and Lesbian Bukkake, so really there are a lot of other threads to spend one's porno/bacon energy in, leaving this one free to ebb and flow naturally from time change/car vandalism/mistaken identities/cats/avatars/sloths/ant eaters.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2007, 10:13:49 pm »

I think saying this thread has ebbed at any point carries connotations that do not suit its awesomeness.

though I think I posted a few pages back so maybe that counts

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2007, 10:31:59 pm »

See, I think of ebb and flow as something water does, and in a positive, organic sort of context related to movement, so that's what I meant.   Also, Ruta, you sort strike me as being like Roast Beef in that post.  Don't be sad.  It's just the hour of sleep you've lost that's doing you in.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2007, 10:45:15 pm »

Yeah, I caught your meaning; over-interrogation of phrasing is just the natural result of posting on forums while writing a literary-criticism essay. (The other natural result is a rubbish essay. Oh well.)

Any melancholy perceived in my posts is likely to be affected; I am irritatingly chipper almost all the time. Which I suppose is good as the demon DST doesn't make his unholy way to these shores until the 25th, so I wouldn't even have a scapegoat.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2007, 04:17:53 am »

So what you're saying is that you can't feel empathy for us who have suffered DST.  What you are telling me is that you have psychotic tendencies.

I am kidding.

I feel the need to say that because I decided you were delicate earlier on, you see.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 01:03:08 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2007, 10:35:38 am »

I find your mollycoddling tone deeply insulting.

I'm pretty sure that I'm joking but I have only just got up and you never can tell.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2007, 01:06:00 pm »

You please me Ruta.  This is the first time the term "mollycoddling" has ever been directed at me, and I think I like it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2007, 10:00:30 pm »

Will you two get a room?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2007, 10:08:46 pm »

I found out recently that my little brother once said that to my parents.

And by little, I mean he's 15 and taller than me. And by once, I mean... last week.

why would he feel comfortable saying that.
I think maybe he doesn't really get that it means more than "go be cutesy somewhere else, mom and dad."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2007, 04:41:20 am »

<---- This is Al Green. We saw him on our honeymoon. Now that we've lost James Brown and Barry White, he's the perfect combination of the good qualities of each of those gentlemen . . . . and not just because of the interesting coincidence in their surnames.

Wow. I've spent the last undetermined period of time thinking it was Big Boi from OutKast. How the hell???
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2007, 04:49:48 am »

I always mix up Al Lewis and Al Green.

Not by looks, of course, as Al Green and Grandpa Munster share little physical resemblance.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2007, 02:05:14 pm »

Wow. I've spent the last undetermined period of time thinking it was Big Boi from OutKast. How the hell???

If you mean you thought the guy in the picture was Big Boi, yeah, I can see that. If you thought Big Boi was the perfect combo between JB and Barry, well, I can kind of see that too.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2007, 02:18:53 pm »

Not by looks, of course, as Al Green and Grandpa Munster share little physical resemblance.

Truer words were never spoken.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

idiomsavant

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2007, 03:38:36 pm »

I'm not sure - I've never seen the picture any larger than it is right now. Probably newspaper clippings or somesuch. I should probably just cut that part off. Actually, I probably shouldn't even use it, being it's someone else. I'll have to cogitate on this.
Here's a slightly larger version, in which you can see he's standing next to the words "JACK ABBIT." One might reasonably assume that at some point those words read "JACK RABBIT," although who knows.

I felt the need to research this because I thought that was Ray Charles.  Because, you know, black man with dark glasses.  And I'm a fan of Al Green, too.  I'll just be over here, wallowing in my unintentional ignorance.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Daylight's Saving of Time
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2007, 04:22:18 pm »

The man is an absolute showman - I've never seen anyone give so much to an audience. SRV put out a lot of energy, but he was more giving it to his guitar than to the crowd, really.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up