Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Onstad's new "Achewood-Related" project?  (Read 9351 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Onstad's new "Achewood-Related" project?
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2007, 08:38:24 pm »

Those fries sound like something only someone from the Buffalo area would eat.

People make fun of Canadians for putting vingear or mayo on their fries but... man.

Canadians make fun of people from Buffalo, in terms of what they put on fries.

"I AM FROM BUFFALO, EH? I AM COMPLETELY PUTTING PLUMS AND HOT SAUCE ON MY FRIES!"

"THAT IS A TOTAL COINCEDENCE! I AM FROM JAMESTOWN AND I AM PUTTING COFFEE GROUNDS AND COLE SLAW ON MY FRIES!"

"HOLY SHIT! I AM FROM ERIE AND THERE ARE CAPERS AND ORANGES AND BBQ-CHIPS ON MY FRIES! I WOULD'VE ADDED PANDA NIPPLES BUT I WAS FRESH OUT OF PANDA NIPPLES!"

What the fuck, Canada? Pot kettle black? Your country eats Poutine, for fuck's sake. Lard and gravy on french fries, sometimes the lard is substituted with cheese.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Onstad's new "Achewood-Related" project?
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2007, 08:52:30 pm »

Quote from: linnea
What the fuck, Canada? Pot kettle black? Your country eats Poutine, for fuck's sake. Lard and gravy on french fries, sometimes the lard is substituted with cheese.

To be fair to Canada, though, ranch dressing is basically lard with herbs in it.

As an American who grew up close enough to Canada to have a CBC channel on my cable system, I will declare myself a neutral party and find that... poutine is disgusting but slightly less disgusting than ranch dressing on french fries.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Onstad's new "Achewood-Related" project?
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2007, 09:02:01 pm »

What about ranch dressing on pizza? I was exposed to this as the favorite of drunk penn staters and have never looked back.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Onstad's new "Achewood-Related" project?
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2007, 09:05:24 pm »

To be fair, Poutine is primarily searved in Quebec, just like shit on a stick is primarily served in (insert State you don't like here).  See, I make choose-your-own-insult jokes.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Onstad's new "Achewood-Related" project?
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2007, 09:09:31 pm »

Bacon with peanut butter is good. But lettuce and tomato with peanut butter?
I could see those little salad/spring rolls wrapped in lettuce with peanut sauce, so I guess it ain't to far from that.


Also, why the fuck do my posts show up like 10 minutes after I make them? Actually, this one showed up like an hour and a half later.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 09:42:10 pm by Nabubrush drinks (a lot) »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Onstad's new "Achewood-Related" project?
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2007, 09:22:09 pm »

I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone else: try the BLTPB before you knock it.  The thought made me gag at first but hell if it wasn't completely grelicious.

Same thing with dipping fries in your Frosty.  That alone has made Wendy's my fast food of choice.

There is nothing wrong with bacon ranch fries, A-CAP.  I'd be all over that if the ingredients were readily available in my kitchen.

[EDIT: I think I've contributed more to this thread than to any other single topic.  That's what bacon will do to me, I guess.]
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Onstad's new "Achewood-Related" project?
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2007, 12:24:22 am »

What about ranch dressing on pizza? I was exposed to this as the favorite of drunk penn staters and have never looked back.

Hidden Valley can suck it. Ranch dressing is a crime against humanity. Not only does it taste like tangy liquid monkey ass, but it completely overpowers anything you pair it with. And lately it's been paired with fuck*ng everything. "Cool ranch" is even worse as it has an odor that's detectable for over 1/2 mile and remains on one's breath for up to 75 years after death.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Onstad's new "Achewood-Related" project?
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2007, 03:05:42 am »

It may be liquid monkey ass, but hey - it's tangy!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Onstad's new "Achewood-Related" project?
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2007, 03:47:02 am »

Hidden Valley can suck it. Ranch dressing is a crime against humanity. Not only does it taste like tangy liquid monkey ass...

fuck yes. tiny can for exposing the Hidden Valley and their cartel.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Onstad's new "Achewood-Related" project?
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2007, 04:13:38 am »

For me ranch dressing tastes like what mayo would taste like after I puke it up.  And I don't want that.  No thank you, sir.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Onstad's new "Achewood-Related" project?
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2007, 03:30:52 pm »

BACON rANCH FrIES PEOPLE! BACON rANCH FrIES!
 :-[

Lets see what YOU come up with when stuck with shitty campus food for four years!

I'll go on the record - I love ranch dressing with french fries. I have gotten loaded fries at Quaker Steak and Lube and dipped them in ranch. And it is good. Mayonnaise as a french fry topping is better, and mayonnaise and ketchup mixed together is the absolute best, but when they've brought you three Jack and Cokes before the appetizer arrives, you make do with what you have ready-made.

I WILL STAND BY YOU, FRENCH FRIES WITH BACON, CHEESE, AND RANCH DRESSING. YOU MAY BE MY LAST MEAL BEFORE CARDIAC ARREST, BUT I STAND BY YOU.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Onstad's new "Achewood-Related" project?
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2007, 03:37:01 pm »

I can really see this being wonderful.

I feel like... caesar dressing might also work? Maybe not.
I am a big fan of this sandwich they have at the cafeteria, which is:

a roll
2 chicken tenders
buffalo hot-sauce
mozzarella cheese (a lot of it.)
caesar dressing
it is lovely. lovely.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Onstad's new "Achewood-Related" project?
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2007, 08:30:00 pm »

I have gotten loaded fries at Quaker Steak and Lube

Off-topic, but: what is the deal with Quaker Steak and Lube? Why the name? Can you actually buy lube there, perish the thought, or is it just so teenagers can laugh at it?
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Onstad's new "Achewood-Related" project?
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2007, 03:37:15 am »

Off-topic, but: what is the deal with Quaker Steak and Lube? Why the name? Can you actually buy lube there, perish the thought, or is it just so teenagers can laugh at it?

According to Wikipedia, the first one was built in an old gas station - hence the play on "Quaker State."

There are people a lot more obsessive about the place than I; it's about three blocks from my apartment here in Charlotte, and of the wing places I've been to down here, it's the nicest for a decent evening with friends. Wild Wing Cafe was too loud for me. I couldn't hear the waitress talking when she was two feet away. That, and on Monday Trivia Night, my friends as I, as The Collective Voice of Reason, whooped UP on the competition a few weeks ago at the Lube.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Onstad's new "Achewood-Related" project?
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2007, 04:26:59 am »

Golfhaus, I know where you live.

I ate across the street from that Steak & Lube tonight. At Mama Fu's.

And I'm trying to get a summer job at the record store in that shopping center.
And I have bought records from the guy who works at that store since... maybe 2001? Once I saw him at a concert and it was all awkward and shit.

(unless there is more than one Steak & Lube in Charlotte.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up