Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Where should I move to?  (Read 15440 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2007, 06:13:51 am »

As a kid, my neighbors were an aging butch lesbian couple and an eighty-year-old alcoholic.

We had lesbians living with us for about a year when I was maybe 12-13 years old.  Old friends of my parents.  I did not know they were lesbians until a few years later, after they had moved into their own apartment.  I got to third base with one of the Lesbian's daughter.  I was 14-15 years old at the time.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2007, 06:26:23 am »

My best friend and I both fell in love with the daughter of a lesbian. He got her. A year previous I had stopped being gay to fall madly in love with a girl, who broke up with me because she wanted to be a lesbian again.

I have bad luck with lesbians.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 07:15:58 pm by Teatime »
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2007, 06:32:57 am »

Quote from: Teatime
A year previous I had stopped being gay to fall in madly love with a girl, who broke up with me because she wanted to be a lesbian again.

I tried to graph out how the above scenario would work, like, such as with circles around names and lines connecting them and such and... every time, I ended up with the lesbian in Biff Tannen's alternate 1985.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2007, 06:42:02 am »

There may have been a flux capacitator involved.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2007, 06:52:20 am »

Are we talking about some sort of Law of Gay Energy Conservation?

Such as you and your ladyfriend had one unit of gay between you and, ultimately, it could neither be created or destroyed but merely transfered? Were you toying with the Laws of Sex Physics?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2007, 01:22:58 pm »

My parents used to rent out the main and basement floors of the massive house they lived in (they had the top two floors).  They rented the main floor (one bedroom) to two ladies.  My mom thought they were roommates and that the other lady slept on the couch or something.  She thought this for quite a while.  Then I explained the real situation to her.  She asked me not to tell my dad. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2007, 01:51:43 pm »

My parents used to rent out the main and basement floors of the massive house they lived in (they had the top two floors).  They rented the main floor (one bedroom) to two ladies.  My mom thought they were roommates and that the other lady slept on the couch or something.  She thought this for quite a while.  Then I explained the real situation to her.  She asked me not to tell my dad. 
Antics and hilarity! Are you sure you didn't grow up in a sitcom?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2007, 04:09:13 pm »

Actually I didn't live in that house.  It was where they moved when I moved away from home.  My mother was obsessed with the idea of me moving in to the basement apartment of the house, which would have crushed my soul.   

Here's a picture of my parents.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2007, 04:19:48 pm »

Ha ha ha - whooooooo! Good times right there! I would like to send you small soda now!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2007, 04:23:50 pm »

Normal Fell appeared in a dream of mine once - using a 3-section staff.

Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2007, 04:29:28 pm »

I like what Norman Fell has done with his look - I think that's going to work well for him.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2007, 06:56:46 pm »

I am late to the party on this one.  My first thought on reading Muse's list was Austin, TX, which someone mentioned way back there.  Albuquerque might be a good fit, too.

Here is a fun diversion:  This site puts you through a little quiz on what you'd like out of your town, then it suggests places you might enjoy living.
http://www.findyourspot.com/

The first time I took it, my number # recommendation was Las Vegas.  Everyone thought I had tricked the system somehow, because I fuckin' love Las Vegas (though I'm not altogether sure I'd actually want to live there).  But there were no questions regarding gambling or eating gluttenous buffet meals, so it just kind of worked out that way.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2007, 07:14:11 pm »

Fuck that joint. It kept trying to send me to ALASKA!

Seriously, I was getting the feeling it was trying to tell me I was not fit for the rest of humanity.
Logged
We must repeat!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2007, 07:23:31 pm »

hmm. I got... basically a bunch of weird results. Except that Baltimore was #1.


I was disappointed that neither St Louis nor Charlotte was on my list.
Probably because when it asked about all those sports, I put "strongly disagree" rather than "neutral." I mean... realistically, having sports around won't make me get really upset.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2007, 07:27:33 pm »

I got a bunch of basically alright University-type semi-major cities, though Chicago was strangely absent. I think I was also too prone to clicking "strongly disagree" on things I did not care about.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up