(I used to not "get": Neutral Milk Hotel, The Rolling Stones, The Who... I mean, theoretically if you go far enough back I only liked The Beatles and classical music. And Van Morrison.)
Its seems like everyone with a discriminating taste in music has gone through an obligatory "Beatles are the only good music" phase at some point, but it usually ends the moment they discover something else that isn't crap. I blame Clear Channel for this.
I didn't discover the Beatles until ninth grade, so for me it was R.E.M and classical music. And video game music, I was big on that too. And back when I was like five I used to really be into Social Distortion.
I've actually never listened to any Dinosaur Jr. before, but they sound like a band I might be interested in. My dad owns some of their albums
I dreaded the day I would finally read/listen to a sentence like this.
Damn, that's twice in one week I've done this now, isn't it? Although to be fair, my parents have yet to reach the point where they stop buying new albums or discovering new artists, so it's not as bad as it sounds.
Hey, remember when Froot Loops had only three flavors?