Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Is green beer EVER acceptable?  (Read 11224 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« on: March 16, 2007, 08:16:54 pm »

One of my criteria for a St. Patrick's Day bar is to walk in and loudly ask if they serve green beer.  If they reply in the affirmative, I turn on my heel and walk out.  Ain't no beer gonna turn a good shade of green unless it's Coors Lite or something, and that's no kind of beer to drink if you're pretending to be Irish for a day (and HELLS NO if you're actually of descent).
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 08:18:58 pm »

No.

I had some nice green tea cake today though.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 08:21:18 pm »

When I went to a fun college we were sometimes allowed to drink beer in class. St.Patricks Day was one of those times. My afternoon lecture was filled with young men drinking forty-ounce bottles of green colored beer. It disgusted me then and it disgusts me now.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 08:22:05 pm »

No, it is never acceptable.

It is acceptable to get such as a Heineken in a green-glass bottle, if you're into the green beer thing.

That is pretty much as far as it goes.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 08:25:17 pm »

It is a low thing to drink green beer.

Make a black and tan out of Harps and Guinness.  That is a much more appropriate way to observe the Feast Day of St Patrick.  Brandish a cudgel at any snakes you come across as well.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 08:58:51 pm »

As far as I'm aware you can't get such a thing in Britain... I mean, hell, I don't like to consider Northern Ireland as part of the UK (not for wont of getting rid of the, merely for letting them be rid of us), but we're close enough to only accept Guinness as St. Patrick's day beer (maybe a Caffreys or something if, god forbid, you are unwilling to drink Guinness). Thereafter it's just about being Iri^h^h^h drunk, so it doesn't matter so much.

I'm shuddering just at the thought...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 09:00:22 pm »

I don't know that it's acceptable to drink anything but Guinness on St. Patrick's. Guinness is not green.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 09:20:07 pm »

Beer is not a toy or a game.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 09:20:22 pm »

One of my criteria for a St. Patrick's Day bar is to walk in and loudly ask if they serve green beer.  If they reply in the affirmative, I turn on my heel and walk out.  Ain't no beer gonna turn a good shade of green unless it's Coors Lite or something, and that's no kind of beer to drink if you're pretending to be Irish for a day (and HELLS NO if you're actually of descent).

Hah hah, I like that.

For me it's Jameson or Tullemore, or last year was Michael Collins in that long neck bottle since it looked so intriguing.

But coloring the whiskey?  That's a new thread altogether.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 11:30:11 pm »

So I just recently had someone tell me that they made something called "beer margaritas" in college. I guess it is beer and lime juice and margarita mix (tequila optional). I shanked him just like Red Sheets.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 11:37:04 pm »

I top off my beer with nothing.  Why are people messing with the beer? What did the beer ever do to them?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 11:39:03 pm »

Sometimes you just wish you woke up with the gin already in you.

My wife and I say this to each other often. Unfortunately we more or less mean it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 11:45:13 pm »

In Alaska, Gin drinks you.


(I had to copy and paste that comma from another post)
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 11:59:25 pm »

In everywhere, gin tastes like awful.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2007, 12:01:57 am »

I have never tried gin.
And I still can't really enjoy beer. Getting closer, maybe.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up