Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Is green beer EVER acceptable?  (Read 11189 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2007, 05:35:14 am »

Tonight Tommy at the High Beck Tavern (handily located at the corner of High and Beck) squoze a drop or two of green dye into our first pitcher of beer this eve.  I made a shitty fit of it and he left the beer alone after that.  Thanks, Tommy.  Green : beer :: Hunts : ketchup.

The people at the first bar didn't try to dye my Guinness but they did pour it fast so the head was bubbly instead of creamy.  Nonetheless, I tipped.  The TVs in one room were about four seconds ahead of the TVs in the other room, so we knew how Ohio State was doing a little before the other room did.  We would cheer and then the other people needed a bit to catch up to us.  It was like they were retarded sports (basketball) fans.

To sum up, boo to green beer but yay to beer in general.

PS - Gin is DA BOMB.  Hendrick's is potable poetry and even Plymouth (that British Navy stuff) is good when blessed with a squeeze of citrus.  I will happlily drink my share of the board's allotment.  (I will also eat the board's allotment of bacon, but that's a different thread.)

Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2007, 05:39:08 am »

my friend celebrated St Patty's with a different thing which is green. Without dye. We were originally going to go to this party some kids were having downtown, but she was afraid of all the drunk punk kids, and I had to be home at a reasonable hour, since my flight leaves at 7 tomorrow.

also: I have realized, I have major psychosomatic-substance problems. When around a high person, life is awesome. When around drunk people, I start stumbling. It is really weird.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2007, 08:02:54 am »

The second best thing about gin is that none of your grimeball friends like it.  Brandy or vodka, all the dudes will be like, "hook a brother up," and then the bottle is almost done and you didn't get drunk.

But gin, gin is a grimeball defense.  I buy a bottle of gin and I'll be on it dolo, no doubt.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2007, 12:30:10 pm »

One of the very most college-drinkest drinks I know of is gin mixed with Mountain Dew.  It almost kind of works. 

When my roomate and I started our senior year in our new apartment we bought handles of vodka, bourbon, rum, and gin.  At the end of the year the gin was still basically untouched, so we left it outside by the dumpster to make some bum's week.

Green beer is unacceptable.  Dying food items green is also unacceptable, unless they are egg yolks sunny-side up*.  If you must involve green, wear green clothing, and not those damned plastic bowlers.  Also: you are not irish, so stop trying to talk like Darby O'Gill.  You're not pulling it off, and it wasn't funny anyway.  Also: "Kiss me, I'm Irish" is only amusing when printed on under#####.

*Is this possible?  I want it if it is.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2007, 02:28:48 pm »

Jesus mabye I am an alcoholic too, ain't no way in hell a handle of anything, especially a perfectly good drink like gin, lasts more than 4 days in my house.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2007, 02:31:09 pm »

Jesus mabye I am an alcoholic too, ain't no way in hell a handle of anything, especially a perfectly good drink like gin, lasts more than 4 days in my house.

yea seriously. Is something wrong with us?

Am I right to understand they bought four handles and one of them was left at the end of the semester? What?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2007, 03:29:52 pm »

Jesus mabye I am an alcoholic too, ain't no way in hell a handle of anything, especially a perfectly good drink like gin, lasts more than 4 days in my house.

I thought maybe they lost them until the last weekend or something. That whole anecdote wasn't making any sense to me.

We go through a couple handles of Monopolowa and a couple Sapphires every two weeks I'm home. Is this . . . not good . . . or something?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2007, 03:41:57 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2007, 03:44:19 pm »

They don't sell it in Anchorage, for some reason. When I'm up here (in town) I drink Chopin. They don't sell that in Portland. Funny old world, eh?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2007, 11:10:43 pm »

Did your guys' St. Patty's Day turn out pretty good? Mine did. I drank some Guinness, a gigantic bottle of Heineken and went for a nighttime skateboarding session at the local school with a couple friends. Let's just say alcohol makes you a much more daring athlete than normal. I learned this when I did a skateboard trick that involved stalling on a tree.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2007, 11:20:18 pm »

Mine was great. I worked. Then I went to sleep. Then I got up, and I'm at work now.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2007, 11:31:54 pm »

I ended up watching The Holiday with my girlfriend and her mother. That movie. sucks. so bad. But my girlfriend...
NOW WHAT IM SAYING? HUH? HUH? SO GOOD! YEA YOU GET IT! HEYO!
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2007, 11:35:16 pm »

So are you saying that you and she fucked?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2007, 01:51:53 pm »

I thought maybe they lost them until the last weekend or something.

We actually had the alcohol sitting in plain view the entire year... but it turned out we hosted far fewer events than we had been expecting to, due to other friends renting a house and also due to us being legal and within walking distance of most of the bars in town.  The three other bottles were gone, replaced, and gone again quite quickly -- but the gin was mostly left alone.

This St. Patrick's day went pretty well for me.  Went to a party where I knew few people but still had a good time, and no one got drunk enough to break anything or yell.

Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2007, 04:19:59 pm »

I like that he had to defend himself. From accusations of not drinking enough.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up