Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Delicious Delicious Gnocchi  (Read 5519 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Delicious Delicious Gnocchi
« on: March 26, 2007, 10:33:48 pm »

I made some gnocchi for dinner the other day, and it was super delicious. Then I started wondering why nobody eats gnocchi. It is simple to make from scratch and tasty with everything. You can even eat it with plain olive oil/butter and salt without disappointment.

The question is: Who actually eats gnocchi, and will it ever beat risotto?
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Delicious Delicious Gnocchi
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 10:34:34 pm »

I love gnocchi. The only problem I have with it is that, if I haven't eaten it in a while, I forget what a substantial pasta it is and take too damn much -- because gnocchi looks so delicious.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Delicious Delicious Gnocchi
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 11:10:09 pm »

I eat gnocchi. There's one we make from scratch with spinach and flour, or else we buy the potato kind frozen.

I am not sure I have ever had risotto, to tell the truth. When I am in the mood for rice I eat Asian food and when I am in the mood for Italian I am not thinking of rice.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: Delicious Delicious Gnocchi
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 11:30:12 pm »

I eat gnocchi, but rarely. I love it, but in terms of my physique for ballet I can't afford to indulge in that many carbs very often.

Gnocchi with pesto=heaven.
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: Delicious Delicious Gnocchi
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 11:39:16 pm »

I find gnocchi to be tastier than risotto, which I tend to feel is too light to match my tastes.
Logged

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Delicious Delicious Gnocchi
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 11:42:43 pm »

Gnocchi is wonderful. There's a little Italian café in Cambridge that does wonderful gnocchi in enormous quantities for very little money. God, I love that place.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Delicious Delicious Gnocchi
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 11:42:54 pm »

I find gnocchi to be tastier than risotto, which I tend to feel is too light to match my tastes.

I always consider risotto more of a carrier.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Delicious Delicious Gnocchi
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 11:50:58 pm »

I love gnocchi. The only problem I have with it is that, if I haven't eaten it in a while, I forget what a substantial pasta it is and take too damn much -- because gnocchi looks so delicious.

I always forget that gnocchi is heavy, and I eat too fast, so ten minutes after finishing a plate of gnocchi, it feels like there is a pile of bricks in my stomach.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Delicious Delicious Gnocchi
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 11:52:59 pm »

I am ethnic in ways that key into my practically being raised on gnocchi.

Good parm cheese, just enough butter to make the cheese stick. Bliss.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Delicious Delicious Gnocchi
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 12:01:27 am »

I have never had this "gnocchi"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Delicious Delicious Gnocchi
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 12:32:17 am »

I am ethnic in ways that key into my practically being raised on gnocchi.


I am ethnic is ways that might lead you to expect this, but I am pretty sure I never had gnocchi till I was grown up. Is gnocchi one of those Northern Italian things? I don't even know. We only ate pasta, although we never used that word at the time.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Delicious Delicious Gnocchi
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 12:35:32 am »

Gnocchi is my mom's favorite pasta. It doesn't really interest me. It's just too heavy. I've always been a tortellini man.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Delicious Delicious Gnocchi
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 12:41:22 am »

I have never had this "gnocchi"

Me either.  Sounds tasty though.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Delicious Delicious Gnocchi
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 12:54:16 am »

basically, as far as I can tell, many cultures have a "dumpling"-type food which I covet.

I cannot think of any other word than Covet to say here. But seriously: matzah balls, "potstickers," dumplings, gnocchi... basically these are all words for Delicious as far as I am concerned.

I need to live someplace with a kitchen. As if, you know, that's all that's keeping me from cooking wonderful meals.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Delicious Delicious Gnocchi
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 01:18:06 am »

I used to dislike gnocci, as every time I had it it seemed slimy...
Then I figured it was damned easy to make, and all was good again.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up