Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Photos?  (Read 52342 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2007, 10:19:38 am »

I'd like to give doc hell of cans for having such an adorable lady friend.
Thanks Paul, she was flattered to hear this. Though she is, of course, cans enough on her own.

You ladies are all lucky that this is a classy board where lewd remarks are not made whenever a lady posts an image of herself otherwise there would be hell of lewdness eminating from this fellow.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Photos?
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2007, 12:34:11 pm »

Most recent (the river was dyed green for St. Patrick's Day - it's usually a hideous grey):



Flick her for more.

Also: I'm still going to imagine you all as your avatars done come sprung to life.

Also: I do not know what a mathematician looks like, as a general rule, but I know that they tend not to look like Alternate.

Also: Wombat, re: being carded as flattery.  Oh my.  That made me laugh, but then immediately the laughter turned to empathy, and then I had to lay down for a little while and listen to Neil Young.

I think I had more comments while I was going through seven friggin' pages of this thread, too, but maybe it's better I just stick to commenting on whatever I remember at the end of the thread.

These days, the less I say the better.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2007, 12:54:48 pm »

Jough! Don't be such a stranger!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Photos?
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2007, 12:56:22 pm »

So I shouldn't have killed that Arab on the beach and felt no way about it particularly?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2007, 01:32:30 pm »

Ha! But this is the wrong thread for obscure cultural references!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2007, 01:52:59 pm »

So I shouldn't have killed that Arab on the beach and felt no way about it particularly?

I think I got more out of that summary than I did out of the actual book.  Canned.
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2007, 02:11:11 pm »

He killed a man in Algiers just to watch him die.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2007, 05:17:26 pm »

Hey Jough! Your looking pretty good, 'mano!

DO YOU FEEL GREAT?

'Cause damn, I FEEL GREAT!

Thank you for making this joke so that I didn't have to.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2007, 05:29:36 pm »

Jough in that photo your expression makes me think that you are personally responsible for the greening of the river, that you are please, and that it is all part of your evil plan.  I approve.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Photos?
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2007, 07:01:54 pm »

I think it's the coat + glasses + eerie green river that makes me think that Jough's picture could be straight out of a bad cyberpunk film. (The greening of the river is part of an elaborate plot to sabotage the reputation of GenericMegaCorp.)

Second train of thought: "gee, our pool is about that color right now, but that's just because of tragic chlorination problems."
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2007, 08:53:05 pm »

Total sausage-fest. Of course I have yet to work somewhere with more men than women.

I'd guess biotech is similar to clinical imaging then.  The ratio of females to males has approached 2 at 3 of the companies I've worked at (and in some labs its skewed even higher).  I have no explanation for this.  Not just bench rats, either.  Managers and Senior Scientists are female at a rate I was not expecting (given the glass ceiling stories you tend to hear about women in science).  Maybe the world is changing.

Stage blood in fake boobs would have been awesome. You could have told people about a large fictional breast mass biopsy that was done a while ago, then popped the water balloon and screamed about bloody cysts.

There is much performance art to be mined by men with falsies.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2007, 09:25:29 pm »

He killed a man in Algiers just to watch him die.

See, at least that would be a reason. 
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Photos?
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2007, 11:37:22 pm »

See, at least that would be a reason. 

Can backatcha.

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2007, 05:40:27 am »

I am loving this forum more and more. :)

I posted some pictures here a while back... I don't remember which thread they're in though. Let me see...

*cue pleasant instrumentalized pop music to fill the time while browsing*

Ah yes... here.

And also: Here is a photo of me after more drunken World Cup celebrating. Note the dark circles under the eyes. My hair is more tame in this one, however.

Lastly: New Year's Eve. Probably my favorite holiday.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 05:50:05 am by Muse_Of_Fire »
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Photos?
« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2007, 05:49:42 am »

Maybe in the thread about ballet?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19   Go Up