Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Animalicious!! (10-07-03)  (Read 4960 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Animalicious!! (10-07-03)
« on: October 07, 2003, 04:13:35 am »

There's nothing I love more than the cavalry coming to the rescue.

Strip.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 04:50:29 am by Nabubrush »
Logged

bluebird_of_unhappiness

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Animalicious!! (Oct. 7)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2003, 04:16:39 am »

Onstad has lost it.  Oh man, great stuff.  Beef's ensemble tops it all off.
Logged
Who is fat?  Me (I am).

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Animalicious!! (Oct. 7)
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2003, 05:00:58 am »

Beef is dressed in Devo garb a la 1982 and the "Whip It" video in particular.

My god.  This is so fuck*ng good.  The strip has gone off the deep end, and I'm ready to follow it.

And I was going to start a thread if there wasn't one already, and call it "Animalicious."  Great minds think alike.

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Animalicious!! (Oct. 7)
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2003, 09:57:59 am »

Geez, what else would you call this thread?

Well, ok, "What the Fuck?! (Oct. 7)" would have worked, too.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Animalicious!! (Oct. 7)
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2003, 11:33:19 am »

Yeah.... whoa.  I'll definately be awaiting tomorrow's strip with much interest.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Animalicious!! (Oct. 7)
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2003, 01:04:08 pm »

Man this is getting so good he oughta quit everything else he does and put out three a day!

Or not, but you know...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Animalicious!! (Oct. 7)
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2003, 01:17:42 pm »

There's totally going to be a lot of strife in this band. It was clearly Teador's idea to form but now Beef is running things. Soon there will be animosity, then a downward spiral of drinking and drugs leading to a Behind the Music with Ray as the friend who tried to mediate but couldn't hold then together.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Animalicious!! (Oct. 7)
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2003, 01:39:34 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
There's totally going to be a lot of strife in this band. It was clearly Teador's idea to form but now Beef is running things. Soon there will be animosity, then a downward spiral of drinking and drugs leading to a Behind the Music with Ray as the friend who tried to mediate but couldn't hold then together.


OK I can so picture that. That's become the second strip of the day in my head!
Thankyou, sincerely for all that imagery!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

revdj

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dougshaw.com
Animalicious!! (Oct. 7)
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2003, 02:14:25 pm »

This is the first time in a while that I literally laughed out loud while reading the daily strip.  I'm still smiling broadly.  Score!
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Animalicious!! (Oct. 7)
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2003, 04:07:44 pm »

I just had to go back and read it again.  There's much to love here.

I've always enjoyed sound effects in comics, and the squeak of the curtain rising cracked me up.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Téodor's hair and ripped shirt sleeves.  He's so punk rock.  You could not be more punk rock than Téodor is there.

bluebird_of_unhappiness

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Animalicious!! (Oct. 7)
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2003, 04:15:44 pm »

All good bands' drummers usually die prematurely, if Spinal Tap has taught us anything.  I suppose this is the end of Phillipe.
Logged
Who is fat?  Me (I am).

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Animalicious!! (Oct. 7)
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2003, 04:27:41 pm »

I like that neither Philippe nor Lyle had to change because they were already perfectly dressed for this.

Also, could Philippe look any happier than while he's drumming? I propose that he cannot.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Animalicious!! (Oct. 7)
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2003, 05:01:02 pm »

Quote from: "jough"


And I was going to start a thread if there wasn't one already, and call it "Animalicious."  Great minds think alike.


And so do we!
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Animalicious!! (Oct. 7)
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2003, 05:23:58 pm »

I wonder if Ray is going to sign Animalicious and we get to see their tour antics.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Animalicious!! (Oct. 7)
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2003, 05:46:35 pm »

every time I look at the strip I hear devo in my head
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up