Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: May 11th, 2007 - Three acres of grain tastes terrible with a baked potato.  (Read 6969 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile

However, the SoCal location kind of negates that last line. Is it physically at all possible to improve the climate there?

Achewood is in NoCal.

Map of Palo Alto, CA
Map of Achewood, CA

Education.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile

I think I now know why this strip kinda sucked.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

Just remember, Bakersfield is the unwanted red-headed step-child of both No & SoCal and thus, where the line is drawn.

Bakersfield is definitely in So Cal.

(Northern Californian)
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

Have you ever heard the term "ecological footprint"? That is the square footage of earthly resources that are needed for one person's existence. Oil companies have somewhat co-opted that term for the "carbon footprint".

Is it anything like this?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

Fine, but you get it and goddamn Fresno all summer.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

As a transplanted Angelino, I would personally define Bakersfield as "Central California".

Of course, in the three years I've lived in So. Cal, I've never been farther north than Santa Barbara or south of Anaheim. I am sorta tied to my work and... when I get extended time off, I visit my family back East, generally.

I could basically just hang out in the southern and central parts of the San Fernando Valley (Van Nuys, Sherman Oaks, North Hollywood, Studio City) and Hollywood/West Hollywood and be completely happy.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

Shit! OK, but you damn well better pay to get the teeth fixed on Clovis and Manteca.

Gotta love a city named "Lard".  There's a way to cripple a kid's self esteem.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

I am originally from LA. I have no idea what I consider Bakersfield, other than a good place for some country music to come out of.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com

Shit! OK, but you damn well better pay to get the teeth fixed on Clovis and Manteca.

ALSO: Shut your yapper, transplant! Don't make me send Modesto, Tracy and Tehachapi down there to rough you up.

I dated a girl from Modesto. My buddy lives in Stockton. Is it true that at one point you weren't allowed to live in Lodi unless someone who already lived there vouched for your character? That sounds... illegal.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

I dunno.  Lodi's a black hole.  Once you've gone there, you never get out.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

I have no idea what I consider Bakersfield, other than a good place for some country music to come out of.
I've heard the landcrab is good?


Asherdan, I never would have picked you for the rodeo type. Thankyou for reminding me again why such activities are a Bad Idea.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile

I don't know if Asherdan is really a reformed rodeo dude or if he's just pullin' my latigo, but I can'd him regardless for "mean old dude with crap on his ass."
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up