Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's  (Read 12878 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2007, 05:26:48 pm »

I wonder how liking a band after they wont ever make any more music effects the experience? 

There's actually one thing that's better about it - you never have the experience of looking forward to their next album so hard and then when it comes out, finding out that you don't like it.  Live musicians, with their pesky creative freedom, can always decide to do something totally different that you don't care for. Dead (or broken-up) musicians are, like, frozen in their perfection. 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2007, 08:26:40 pm »

Hi there. My name's Nabu, and I was around when they invented gravel.
Jesus, dude! I'm 28, you're not that much older than me.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2007, 09:44:27 pm »

I, on the other hand, am 19. OLDSTERS!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2007, 09:45:55 pm »

Oh, wait, linnea you and I are the same age!  But you made me feel old!  At my school by the time In Utero came out Nirvana were sort of yesterday's news.  I just imagined that if In Utero was the first album you ever bought that you were much younger.  I'm sort a shocked, as I was buying albums at around the age of 11 or 12... during that horrible period of music when things were mostly just really baaaaad.  Like Roxette bad.  Like Madonna True Blue bad.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2007, 10:35:18 pm »

Jesus, dude! I'm 28, you're not that much older than me.

My first 45 - 45! - was John Lennon's Watching the Wheels. I love that song still.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2007, 01:35:17 am »

I, on the other hand, am 19. OLDSTERS!

GIT OFF'N MY LAWN!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2007, 01:36:21 am »

My first 45 - 45! - was John Lennon's Watching the Wheels. I love that song still.

Don McLean -- American Pie. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2007, 02:46:32 am »

I first album I bought was Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits.

I was 13.

I am 22.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2007, 02:54:01 am »

The first piece of music I bought was the cassette single of George Harrison's "I Got My Mind Set on You."

The first CDs I got were the initial 8 for a Columbia House subscription. The only two I remember being a part of that were AC/DC's Back in Black and The Razor's Edge.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2007, 03:31:14 am »

The first cassette I purchased was the TMNT Motion Picture Soundtrack.

I bought it the same day I purchased William Gibson's Neuromancer in paperback.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2007, 03:37:01 am »

First CD for me was Joshua Tree.  The first cassette I paid for was Judas Priest - Defenders of the Faith.  There were a few five-finger discounts before that one, and I think the first one I was ever given was either the Muppet Movie Soundtrack or Fantasia.  I don't remember the first vinyl I ever owned, it was probably one of those ones you could tear out of a book and play like a 45.  I remember an ABBA LP that I think my parents handed down to me so I could have something "grown up" to play.  Fernando?  Some things are probably better forgotten.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2007, 03:59:46 am »

I don't remember my first record or cassette...

But Use Your Illusion 2 was my first CD.

I am. That awesome.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2007, 04:03:20 am »

I don't remember my first record or cassette...

But Use Your Illusion 2 was my first CD.

I am. That awesome.

First CD?  REM Out of Time, bought when I bought my first CD player. 

Dang.  I just came to the startling realization that I've had children longer than I've had a CD player.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2007, 04:32:01 am »

The first cassette I purchased was the TMNT Motion Picture Soundtrack.

I bought it the same day I purchased William Gibson's Neuromancer in paperback.

I love William Gibson.

That is all.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2007, 05:14:59 am »

crazy. The CD player in my room is my parent's first CD player. It is huge.

My first CD was probably... Smash Mouth.

The first LP I bought was Led Zeppelin IV, used. For, I think, 4 dollars.
First 45-- Kodan Armada/What's Yr Damage split.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up