Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's  (Read 12865 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2007, 12:09:28 am »

I don't remember my first record or cassette...

But Use Your Illusion 2 was my first CD.

I am. That awesome.

You didn't do very well on the "A is to B as X is to ?" section of the SAT, did you?

My first three CDs were Houses of the Holy, Strange Days, and Dark Side of the Moon, purchased in '84 or so. I was an early adopter.

That's how high I used to get on a routine basis.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2007, 02:07:41 am »

My first cylinder was Edison reading Mary Had a Little Lamb.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2007, 01:08:45 pm »

Jimmy crack-corn and I don't care
Jimmy crack-corn and I don't care
Jimmy crack-corn and I don't caaaaare!
My masters gone away!


My first exposure to records was that song on a kids portable record player with those damn reddish-pink kids record singles. Listened to it a jillion times. Maybe that explains some things...

I had a little record player like that - giraffeer Price I think.  I remember they had a song & book collection.  The only one I distinctly remember was "One little, two little, three little Indians..."  I had no idea how inappropriate it was, I just sat there, proud I could count and such.  Also, that little record player made an excellent stepping stool.  I remember it allowed me to reach the cookie jar on the back of the counter back in the day.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 01:06:50 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2007, 08:45:09 am »

Are we talking the one with the hard plastic disks with bumps in the grooves as such "so as to strike the tuned teeth of a steel comb"?

I too grew along side one of those.  It kicked out the party jams.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2007, 09:10:37 pm »

First vinyl record:  ELO's Greatest Hits.  gaaaack
First CD:  The Cure, "Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me."  GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2007, 10:38:45 pm »

First vinyl record:  ELO's Greatest Hits.  gaaaack
First CD:  The Cure, "Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me."  GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

Boo to self-hate. Be proud of where you came from.

Of course, I've never listed to such absolute shit, but as long as you were a happy little tyke.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2007, 11:39:06 pm »

My first cylinder was Edison reading Mary Had a Little Lamb.

My mom threw that one out after I left for college! Don't you hate it when your parents do that?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up