Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Poll

Fuck yes, dude?

FUCK YES, DUDE!
Oh hell yes!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Homeward Bound to Denver  (Read 6798 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2007, 03:31:21 pm »

Yes, now they can lick their privates for hours without embarrassment.  This, from what I know of my own cats, is one thing they prefer to do when we're not looking.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2007, 07:58:31 pm »

Yes, now they can lick their privates for hours without embarrassment.  This, from what I know of my own cats, is one thing they prefer to do when we're not looking.

See, that is the exact opposite of one of our cats, who seems to prefer attention while he's privates-licking. Ashby's favorite trick lately is jumping up on an unoccupied chair at the dinner table while we're eating and then, after plaintively staring at the food for a bit, raising a leg and getting his hygiene on. He prefers the chair across from me, and his size means that I will frequently eat dinner with just the little toes on the cat's extended leg visible.

I'm starting to wonder if this is a reaction to the other cat, who, while dainty and substantially smarter than Ashby, has pretty mediocre private-area hygiene habits. I wonder if Ashby is trying to convey the idea "look, I'm not the dumb one! See how clean I am?!"
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2007, 08:48:19 pm »

I have never been so embarrassed in my entire life. I FELT AWFUL. I ran out to the plane and they took my carryon and I had to wait out the entire flight with nary an iPod, book, or magazine. I sat there for the entire 3-hour flight and felt bad and pretty much the only thing I could think about is that I made everyone wait. :( Why didn't they throw a brick at me or something???

Fuck those guys. I'm pretty sure you aren't the person who, after the plane lands, waits until everyone in front of them gets off and then realizes that they brought a bag on, so all of a sudden it is time to commence the luggage scavenger hunt.

HEY OLD PERSON - FUCK YOU! I have a fuck*ng plane to catch!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2007, 10:59:49 pm »

I got home to my Alaskan apartment about 5 hours ago. I can't even bear to leave to do a load of laundry next door. I have both of my sweet little guys right here with me. Even just taking a 10-minute break from hugging them to get into the shower was torture. Lenny sat in the bathroom and sang a little kittysong to me while I was in there. he was so happy to see me get out of the shower that he rubbed up against my soaking wet legs and it didn't even faze his normally hydrophobic kittyself. I am so happy to be back with them. Seriously. 

Crazy Cat Lady Moment of Truth:  Upon walking up to my apartment, Lenny hopped into the window to see who was coming up the stairs, and I burst into tears. Even though I was sobbing, they both came up to me for petties as soon as I opened the door. *sniffle* These little dudes, I swear... They are my special little guys.

I LOVE MAH CATS, YOU GUYS.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2007, 01:35:42 am »

my old cat loved to roll around in the shower right after we got out. he was really into that.

of our two cats... the small one, female, has a really loud, persistent meow.
the huge, huge, huge, male one has a really pathetic tiny meow.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2007, 07:48:42 am »

I can't get off this island, and every day that passes I need to more.

I'm glad you found your way back - and that you had a mostly positive experience there.

I have three kids now, two born here. It's so expensive. We are dying every day.

Best of luck to you~

Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2007, 05:16:13 pm »

**Manly pat on the back and some words of encouragement**

Repeated.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2007, 07:58:18 pm »

I can't get off this island, and every day that passes I need to more.

I have three kids now, two born here. It's so expensive. We are dying every day.

Trouble in paradise Dawg?  I thought you loved it in HI.

Welcome back to TOUAMB, we'll always be here for you.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2007, 02:41:30 am »

I've come to an interesting conclusion about Hawaii.

Imagine that you are in love with and married to Tia Carrere (or, insert a real or imagined woman/man to meet (nearly) your every possible physical, intellectual, spiritual, sexual, and emotional need).

Now imagine that this person is everything above except that he/she just plain old treats you bad once in awhile. Maybe doesn't hit you, just disregards your feelings, or does really dumb things that cost you money, or just embarrasses you a lot.

But he/she is hot. And apologetic. And sweet. And generally usually demonstrates that they love you.

Now imagine your ex, who is 85% of this person in terms of your every possible physical, intellectual, spiritual, sexual, and emotional need pops up in your life, and you KNOW that there would never be those all-too-frequent bad times.

Do you stay or leave? That's how I feel about Hawaii.

Plus, I'm a boob guy and they're ubiquitous and year round here. It's a problem.




 
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2007, 05:55:05 am »

Well, at least you get to order off the secret Taco Bell menu.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2007, 07:19:05 am »

I've come to an interesting conclusion about Hawaii.

Imagine that you are in love with and married to Tia Carrere (or, insert a real or imagined woman/man to meet (nearly) your every possible physical, intellectual, spiritual, sexual, and emotional need).

Now imagine that this person is everything above except that he/she just plain old treats you bad once in awhile. Maybe doesn't hit you, just disregards your feelings, or does really dumb things that cost you money, or just embarrasses you a lot.

But he/she is hot. And apologetic. And sweet. And generally usually demonstrates that they love you.

Now imagine your ex, who is 85% of this person in terms of your every possible physical, intellectual, spiritual, sexual, and emotional need pops up in your life, and you KNOW that there would never be those all-too-frequent bad times.

Do you stay or leave? That's how I feel about Hawaii.

Plus, I'm a boob guy and they're ubiquitous and year round here. It's a problem.


Good to have you back, A-Dawg. Places like Hawaii and Alaska are beautiful... but they're still a pain to live in after a while. It's gotten to the point where my Alaskan adventure is over, and now I just live someplace that's really expensive and inconvenient. Our airline carrier has us over a barrel, and it costs me $900 just to get to Anchorage. It would be nice to be able to walk into a grocery store and be able to buy my favorite kind of dental floss, instead of having to order it over the internets like I do here. It will be nice to be able to purchase cherries and other produce that are not $12.99 a pound. It will be nice to be able to buy a 12-pack of diet Pepsi for less than $11.99 (or $9.99 on sale). Or if I choose to pay $1,100 for an apartment it will be hella nice, and not a filthy 550-square-foot hovel. Here in AK I was lucky to even find someplace to live, and the landlady knew it, and she charged me accordingly. Sheesh. 

And just like Hawai'i, the natives hate non-natives, they just hate them to hell. I'm sure that they have a special word for us similar to "haole". I will also be excited to live someplace where the men are cute and not gnarled giraffeermen.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2007, 04:31:40 pm »


Do you stay or leave?


Well.... which one would leave you with more time to post on internet messageboards?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2007, 08:37:18 pm »

All the rest of you fuckers, and me too, can go the hell home. Wombat has won the imaginary funny person internets sweepstakes and retired the trophy.

ALSO: Maybe I agree with wombats call on decision making here.

Heh, I almost snorted my latte out my nose. Tiny can to you and omba!
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2007, 08:58:08 pm »

It's a can cascade!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2007, 01:09:51 am »

Speaking of wombat, I can't decide which nickname I like better for her:  Wombles or Omba. Hmmm.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up