Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007  (Read 7195 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 10:43:47 pm »

no. the one in super-south Charlotte. off Johnston. It is right down the street from my neighborhood.

so, do people not say "you're hired" or shake your hand or anything? The guy said "Is 5 on Monday good for you?" and I thought he meant for an interview. Then he said "we'll have a shirt and nametag, you can wear jeans or whatever. You can work until 9 or so." I feel like it was a similar non-event with my last job. huh.

Also: I didn't ask how much the pay is, because I was so surprised. So... I am wondering if anyplace else will call me back before monday. hm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 02:09:28 am »

OH SHIIIIIT!

I got a job today, which is not on the same magnitude.
Golfhaus-- if you ever go to Moe's, the person saying "Welcome to Moe's!" might be me. Not the cool one on East Boulevard, though.

I think the difference is that in the other three, Roast Beef's smiles are the smiles of excitement. This smile is the smile of contentedness. "OH WOW WOW WOW" vs "This shit's gonna be okay." This strip almost made me cry.

Inev, the one on Tryon, by Wild Wing Cafe? I drive past that one almost daily.

Daniel, honey, if any weirdos start stalking you just give me a call and I will beat the shit out of them before finishing them off with my .357. Obviously you and Golfhaus are cool... but...I worry about you, kiddo.

*twitch* sorry, my stalker-o-meter is still waaaay too high. I still get skeeved out when I see the dude about town. I can't wait to leave so that I never have to see him again.


**EDIT: What the fuck, Last.fm? Jesus, I HATE mistagged shit!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2007, 02:17:32 am »

I took a bunch of money from my family yesterday based on a promise that I will do well in school.  Oh Shiiiiit!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2007, 02:36:27 am »

yeah, I work at Moe's... which is a Mexican place. I am not sure if they have them everywhere.

I know I am going to be the nutty dad. If I have kids.

We have Moe's in Louisville.  Any restaurant that has a menu item called a John Coctostan is OK with me.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2007, 03:13:34 am »

Are you Party People sure you'd want Beef and Molly to have kittens?  I mean, I'd be happy for them and all, and I know the general consensus around here is that Achewood already jumped the shark several years ago anyway, but I still dread the possibility of the strip being constantly about a baby.

There is a Moe's near my house in Atlanta.  It has been the main meeting place for me and my friends since such a time as we had to get our parents to drive us there.  It's also the only establishment I can think of where I can eat my pizza with a knife and fork without it weirding people out.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2007, 04:12:12 am »

... they have pizza?

Until recently there was only one in Charlotte that I knew of, but this new one opened near my house.

Yeah, I don't think anyone will stalk me. More relevant is the picture I put up on flickr where I circled which window is mine for my dorm next year. But... I may have circled the wrong one?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2007, 04:31:22 am »

and I know the general consensus around here is that Achewood already jumped the shark several years ago anyway,

What?  Who thinks that?  Not me.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2007, 04:33:24 am »

What?  Who thinks that?  Not me.

Me neither. It's gone in a somewhat different direction, but I'm still really into it.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2007, 05:35:19 am »

Wow, that didn't come out right at all.  I think I may be misremembering something Jough said when someone was wondering if Achewood was about to jump the shark, or something like that.  Or maybe it was someone else.  Whatever the case, it's too dumb a statement to defend so I'll just pretend I never said it instead.

I don't think Achewood has jumped the shark, or that recent strips are of any worse quality than older ones.  All I really meant to convey was my terrible fear of comic-strip babies.  I don't see what Cassandra Jr. could add to a comic that already has Philippe and Baby/Toddler status updates, and there are certainly things he/she/it could take away from it.  On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing Beef and Molly get hitched.  I can't help wondering how this is actually going to turn out, though... Onstad's been taking this one in a predictable direction a little to long not to have something up his sleeve.

But anyway, getting back off topic...

... they have pizza?

Do they have anything else?  The one near my house is actually called "Moe's Pizza," even.  Maybe it's a different franchise, but it's in the same part of the country and they use the "Welcome to Moe's!" catchphrase and everything, so I don't think that's it.
Logged

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2007, 07:01:29 am »

To think that today is only the fourth time Roast Beef has ever smiled.

I think this might count. 
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2007, 02:12:00 pm »

I think this might count. 

I think "it is so rude to display the foils and spoils" is my favorite alt-text ever.

I've been to Moe's once, back in VA, when they first opened. A coworker had an invite to their "practice night" and couldn't go, so we went. It was nice. I'd go back again. In order to get to Inev's, we'd have to drive past another Moe's, so I don't know that I'll be making it to his establishment.
Logged

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2007, 02:54:47 pm »

I think this might count. 

One of my top ten strips.  I love Beef and Molly so hard. I think Onstad's writing really shines when they interact.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2007, 03:10:15 pm »

We like Moe's because kids eat free there on Tuesdays.  Not the best burritos in town, but decent.

Also, OOOHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2007, 05:56:59 pm »

yeah, ok. It has to be a different franchise. Pizza is not the same thing as mexican food.

A-so: I had a dream last night that... mostly revolved around Mario 64. But at the end, Chris(t) Onstad had to save all of us from Aliens.

I spent most of my night... running around doing difficult tasks. When I messed up, I had to go all the way back to the beginning and start over.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up