Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: ...Brazilian? What the hell?  (Read 17834 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: ...Brazilian? What the hell?
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2007, 08:33:35 pm »

Have any of you party people ever hit your tailbone?

That is what Brazilian waxing feels like. It's like getting beaten on the tailbone repeatedly for about 35 minutes, except other parts of your anatomy are also involved. You're half paralyzed, the pain is searing and intense, and jesus god does it ever hurt.

I banged my coccyx on a rock once while inner tubing, but I can't imagine it being a comparable experience to one of these things.  Yikes.   It's not like the "Brazilian" is such a new development, though.  A tale from the Ottoman Empire:

Quote from: An Underground Education
Sonnini, an engineer traveling on a fact-finding mission for the government of France, made certain to explore the intricacies of the Turkish depilation process.  He reports that honey mixed with turpentine was made into a paste; this plaster is applied, allowed to dry, then torn off yanking the hair with it, from the roots.  "Fortunately, there is no need to return often to this rather severe process," notes Sonnini.  "If a re-growth occurs, it is only a soft down, like the finest wool; and, after a few years, vegetation of this sort is absolutely destroyed."

Also, a word in defense of those men who opt for a more clean-shaven appearance in that region.  It may not sound like a very mature justification, but... it really does make it look bigger.  It's also a less emasculating experience than you might think, as I discovered myself while drunk at a house party a couple years back.  I don't think I'd want to shave it bald, though; I imagine that'd just make me look like an atypically well-endowed ten-year-old.  I remain dead set against the shaving of most of the other usual masculine hairy places, or at least I was until I realized (at the very same party, as fate would have it) that I have sufficient chest hair to create a reasonably well-defined letter X.

It's not as if I had any dignity to lose anyhow, huh?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: ...Brazilian? What the hell?
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2007, 09:18:09 pm »

Also, a word in defense of those men who opt for a more clean-shaven appearance in that region.  It may not sound like a very mature justification, but... it really does make it look bigger.  It's also a less emasculating experience than you might think, as I discovered myself while drunk at a house party a couple years back.  I don't think I'd want to shave it bald, though; I imagine that'd just make me look like an atypically well-endowed ten-year-old.  I remain dead set against the shaving of most of the other usual masculine hairy places, or at least I was until I realized (at the very same party, as fate would have it) that I have sufficient chest hair to create a reasonably well-defined letter X.

It's not as if I had any dignity to lose anyhow, huh?

I hope I haven't been coming off as a asshole in regards to this stuff. I'm all for anyone doing anything they want with the foliage. It can certainly add enjoyment to the whole process. It's important to change things up and have fun with the whole sexy-time experience, because it's a tad absurd on its face to begin with. Also, you want to keep it all fresh.

I don't do any hair removal precisely because of the reason you cite - the ladies tend to say things like "don't come near me with that thing" so if I camouflage it, I normally have better results. Sometimes I just ask the ladies to look at it in one of those fun-house mirrors, so things don't get too intense.

I'm kidding, but what the heck's the point? They're going to figure it out when things heat up anyway. Unless you're an exotic dancer or if you frequent gloryholes or adult movie-houses, in which case you got other stuff going on, and we ought to just let it go.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: ...Brazilian? What the hell?
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2007, 09:43:40 pm »

A man presented his hairless member to me - I didn't say anything, but I was so confused.  What the hell?  You have back hair, but you shave your cock?  Anyway, after an occasion where he nicked himself on the scrotum and I had to apply a bandage, naturally first saying something about how it was clearly a ploy to get me down there, I let him know it was a totally unnecessary procedure, and things went back to nature.  I think it's a porno thing.  All those hairless chicks, and many a hairless lad in those films.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: ...Brazilian? What the hell?
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2007, 10:05:59 pm »

I also thought that Brazilian meant totally bare, even around back. Or is it just the technique used regardless of the areas removed?

A normal bikini wax only cleans up the hair that is outside a bathing suit, which is a very small area on the tippy-top of a lady's thighs and slightly out to the front.

A Brazilian cleans up ALL the hair, including the tiny amount that a lady has on her perineum, bum, and on the labia majora. Sometimes a small landing strip is left on the mons pubis, but many ladies opt to have every single bit of hair waxed off. Because I was in so much pain, she left a triangle instead of a strip.


Here's a SFW video of women going through the process.  I got sympathy pains just watching it.  Somebody nice will probably have flashbacks.

Out of curiosity, how large are the strips for each pull?

It depends. My waxer used a special type of wax designed for this application. It hardens itself and you don't have to push a cloth strip into the hot wax. She preps the Area with a cotton pad, applies the hot wax with a small popsicle-sized stick (unlike the tongue-depressor size that they use for waxing legs), waits for the wax to harden, then she rips it off in one lightning-fast move and immediately presses hard on the freshly waxed area to help stop the pain and close the pores.

Most of the strips were small, maybe 1/2" by 2". Like most ladies, I have a small Area but it still took forever to clean it up. Some of the strips were slightly larger. She showed me some of the strips, and it was pretty crazy to see all those follicles.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: ...Brazilian? What the hell?
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2007, 10:06:23 pm »

A man presented his hairless member to me - I didn't say anything, but I was so confused.  What the hell?  You have back hair, but you shave your cock?  Anyway, after an occasion where he nicked himself on the scrotum and I had to apply a bandage, naturally first saying something about how it was clearly a ploy to get me down there, I let him know it was a totally unnecessary procedure, and things went back to nature.  I think it's a porno thing.  All those hairless chicks, and many a hairless lad in those films.

There's the pervasive influence of the media again. However, the tactile sensation should not be blithely dismissed, nor the lessening occurence of pubic floss.

It depends. My waxer used a special type of wax designed for this application. It hardens itself and you don't have to push a cloth strip into the hot wax. She preps the Area with a cotton pad, applies the hot wax with a small popsicle-sized stick (unlike the tongue-depressor size that they use for waxing legs), waits for the wax to harden, then she rips it off in one lightning-fast move and immediately presses hard on the freshly waxed area to help stop the pain and close the pores.

I've had my eyebrows done like that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: ...Brazilian? What the hell?
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2007, 11:05:01 pm »

My mom actually no longer has a coccyx. She was thrown into a suprisingly shallow area of a lake at a party in high school.

The episode of Bullshit about hair showed both a lady and a fellow getting their entire areas waxed. I did not really need to see a man getting his crack de-haired.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: ...Brazilian? What the hell?
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2007, 11:30:10 pm »

My mom actually no longer has a coccyx. She was thrown into a suprisingly shallow area of a lake at a party in high school.

The episode of Bullshit about hair showed both a lady and a fellow getting their entire areas waxed. I did not really need to see a man getting his crack de-haired.

That's not a needs-based thing, Cort. That's like the difference between a right and a privilege.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: ...Brazilian? What the hell?
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2007, 11:32:49 pm »

A man presented his hairless member to me

Was it in a box?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: ...Brazilian? What the hell?
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2007, 11:55:25 pm »

Just think of this like you do the pretend baseball thread.

I realized there are two ways to do this - I assumed it was 'don't read it except to check in in case it has veered to a more interesting topic', but I realized there is an even better way: read it secure in the knowledge that everything people are talking about is completely mythical.

Wow, I feel a lot better now.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: ...Brazilian? What the hell?
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2007, 11:57:45 pm »

Well, that's consonant with us people being completely mythical as well, right?  You have an impressively detailed imagination incidentally.  Have you thought of writing us down?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: ...Brazilian? What the hell?
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2007, 11:59:37 pm »

Right! Sometimes I forget about that. You're all so convincing most of the time.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: ...Brazilian? What the hell?
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2007, 12:02:24 am »

Oooh!  I'm King of the Make Outs now!  I was just enjoying being Lyle, too.  Someday I'll settle on a title I like and drop a 10-spot in the tip jar.  I think at this point Lyle has been my favourite.  Or Todd.  This doesn't say much about my character.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: ...Brazilian? What the hell?
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2007, 03:09:45 am »

So, uh, I'll ask: dudes, do you actually have a problem with a woman having hair in the Area? Like, does it bother you? I wonder because, while I am not really into it enough to actually shave/Brazilian/etc., I occasionally go through spurts of self-loathing based on the theme "so, seriously, am I a cavewoman or what?"
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: ...Brazilian? What the hell?
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2007, 03:14:03 am »

I'm old school -- hair bothers me not.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: ...Brazilian? What the hell?
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2007, 03:15:57 am »

So, uh, I'll ask: dudes, do you actually have a problem with a woman having hair in the Area? Like, does it bother you? I wonder because, while I am not really into it enough to actually shave/Brazilian/etc., I occasionally go through spurts of self-loathing based on the theme "so, seriously, am I a cavewoman or what?"

Let me preface this by saying that I have had a few girlfriends in my lifetime. I have been with ladies who were au naturel, and ladies who shave. Both are equally hot. I have no preference. I started shaving because a dude I was with happened to like it, and I never stopped because the regrowth period is just awful.  I got the Brazilian out of perverse curiosity.

**EDIT: 1444 posts! Woo!
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up