Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving Tips?  (Read 11496 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2007, 04:59:20 am »

I called inev a dope only in the most loving way.

Vinyl albums are shit, but they were better sounding than cassettes.  I bought most of my music on album for the first eight years of my...music-purchasing period.  Then I got a CD player for my birthday in 1986, and spent the first half of '87 working in a store that only sold CDs.  So much for the vinyl.

On the other hand, you can't clean your weed on an iPod.  Unless you're using a one-hitter.  Does pot even have seeds anymore?

Your children will look at you funny for carrying around an iPod when they're busy downloading music directly into a chip in their cerebral cortex. 

Next post = #1000.  Yay me.

End of Jim's Random Thoughts For a Saturday Night.

OT: any other moving tips for Linnea?
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2007, 06:46:26 am »

Is AOL still sending free cd's in the mail?  Those always made good coasters.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2007, 08:15:43 am »

Does pot even have seeds anymore?

Not if you buy the right pot.  Seriously though, nothing is better than braking up that huge joint on a Funkadelic record.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2007, 02:33:01 pm »

OT: any other moving tips for Linnea?

I believe she flew out yesterday, so it's probably going to be a little late if anyone has anything.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2007, 10:25:24 pm »

Jesus God on Christ Mountain (not sure if I made the Teodor reference correctly) did that flight ever SUUUUCK.

The assholes at our small town airport were totally assholiffic. I could not believe it. I got an extra seat to bring both cats in the cabin with me but they said that Alaska Airlines doesn't allow that.

Total bullshit. When I got to Anchorage I got a really awesome and sympathetic ticketing agent. She went and actually checked with the correct people and realized that NO, Somebody nice BOUGHT TWO SEATS AND GETS TO USE 'EM. She got me a new carrier for Milan.

The worst part was getting back into town today. I am staying with my hella awesome friend Greg, but we're confined to one large bedroom with an attached bath. Dude has some incredibly beautiful furniture that does not need to get acquainted with Lenny's claws.

Anyway, after the plane ride, Lenny got hella sick. Thank god I have some rudimentary medical training. Jesus fuck. I am still shaking. He's been stable and happy for the past 6 hours but I will not leave this room. I had some leftover Dots in my suitcase, but by God I am not leaving this room until I'm 110% certain that he's not gonna die on me. The last thing I had to eat was some guacamole on Friday night and a protein bar yesterday. I am drinking tap water out of the bathroom sink. I am watching the little guys like a hawk, making sure that they are drinking and eating. God, that was terrifying. Thank God that Milan can take care of himself and eat and drink properly. Don't worry, all, I have more than enough spare adipose tissue to tide me over until I get some dinner later tonight.

I swear to Christ, I am never going to take them on another plane again. Ever. This means that I will never move again outside of the Denver Metro area as long as the little dudes shall live. That is my pledge to you, sweet Lennybruce. I don't want you to get sick again.

Plus I don't have a car yet... However, he was in such bad shape that I was afraid if I had someone come and get us and take us to the animal emergency room that he would totally decompensate and crash.

Anyway, he is okay now. Both of my cats are fine.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2007, 10:42:43 pm »

I am glad that the trip is over and both your cats are fine. I am also glad that you are fine.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2007, 12:10:46 am »

Seconded.  Good god, y'all.

Logged

ImpyChick

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 12
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2007, 12:42:09 am »

Dear God!!!  Poor Lenny :(.  What a terrifying ordeal.  Luckily Lenny has such a smart mom!!!  It's really great that you knew what to do.  If something like that ever happened to my boys, I wouldn't know what to do!  I'm so glad that Lenny's recovering just fine :).
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2007, 06:32:57 pm »

I'm glad I come to these threads long after the events have happened and everything is fine again.

Welcome back to the mainland, Somebody nice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2007, 12:27:24 am »

I'm glad I come to these threads long after the events have happened and everything is fine again.

Welcome back to the mainland, Somebody nice.

Thank you. It is awesome to be back. I wish I could live downtown but I just interviewed for a job in the suburbs.

I am just thankful to be back near a veterinarian again. Lenny is a fragile, delicate little guy. I dread the day that Milan needs emergency care.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2007, 01:39:37 am »

Thank you. It is awesome to be back. I wish I could live downtown but I just interviewed for a job in the suburbs.

I am just thankful to be back near a veterinarian again. Lenny is a fragile, delicate little guy. I dread the day that Milan needs emergency care.

You need to get him on some weights.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2007, 12:12:02 am »

I had an email from my former HR manager saying that they would pay my moving expenses. I did not print it out and I don't have access to my old email account.

They just returned my receipts and said that they're under no obligation to pay.

I have $1,900 in moving expenses. I guess I can write them off but I really need the money now.

Christ.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2007, 01:58:23 am »

I had an email from my former HR manager saying that they would pay my moving expenses. I did not print it out and I don't have access to my old email account.

They just returned my receipts and said that they're under no obligation to pay.

I have $1,900 in moving expenses. I guess I can write them off but I really need the money now.

Christ.

That sucks. I hate working for an employer who is totally keyed in to the bottom line to the exclusion of all other concerns like that - and by that I mean the kind of employer who never gives a raise until you tell them you are going to walk, and never provides any benefit that they aren't forced to, and shit like that. That totally sucks.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2007, 02:03:09 am »

That sucks. I hate working for an employer who is totally keyed in to the bottom line to the exclusion of all other concerns like that - and by that I mean the kind of employer who never gives a raise until you tell them you are going to walk, and never provides any benefit that they aren't forced to, and shit like that. That totally sucks.

Gah, I don't know what to do. This sucks. I hope that I can find an employer that doesn't suck. However, I'm glad that I will never have to make that kind of move again.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2007, 02:42:28 am »

Do you have any friends at the company or with affiliations to the company that are still out there who could go in, sign in as you (if they haven't deleted you yet) and print it off?  Take immediate action!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up