Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5 Jul 2007 - HE WANTS TO TASTE THE fuck*ng CURB!  (Read 17605 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 5 Jul 2007 - HE WANTS TO TASTE THE fuck*ng CURB!
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2007, 08:25:48 pm »

According to wikipedia Trebechet was invented by the same son of a bitch who invented comic sans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Connare

So he's 1-1.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: 5 Jul 2007 - HE WANTS TO TASTE THE fuck*ng CURB!
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2007, 01:28:21 am »

Hate to dig up an old-ish thread, but I would just like to point something out. Yesterday I happened to see the last few minutes of the movie Tyler Perry's Daddy's Little Girls - only because it had Stringer Bell from The Wire! Honest! - and the end credits were in comic sans. Really. The entire credits. Even the badass-ness of Stinger Bell wasn't enough to make up for that typography trainwreck.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Jul 2007 - HE WANTS TO TASTE THE fuck*ng CURB!
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2007, 04:27:21 am »

This cartoon has made me very aware of Comic Sans.  I am seeing it everywhere.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Jul 2007 - HE WANTS TO TASTE THE fuck*ng CURB!
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2007, 05:46:10 am »

This cartoon has made me very aware of Comic Sans.  I am seeing it everywhere.

Isn't it weird? I disliked Comic Sans before, but now it seems even more irritating. The increased awareness of irritating Comic Sans has done my stomach acid no favors.
Logged

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: 5 Jul 2007 - HE WANTS TO TASTE THE fuck*ng CURB!
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2007, 01:34:30 pm »

Hate to dig up an old-ish thread, but I would just like to point something out. Yesterday I happened to see the last few minutes of the movie Tyler Perry's Daddy's Little Girls - only because it had Stringer Bell from The Wire! Honest! - and the end credits were in comic sans. Really. The entire credits. Even the badass-ness of Stinger Bell wasn't enough to make up for that typography trainwreck.
I believe the titles and credits for the Fat Albert movie were done in Comic Sans as well.
Logged

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: 5 Jul 2007 - HE WANTS TO TASTE THE fuck*ng CURB!
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2007, 03:04:41 pm »

This cartoon has made me very aware of Comic Sans.  I am seeing it everywhere.

Yes, word, precisely. The mark of a good strip.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 5 Jul 2007 - HE WANTS TO TASTE THE fuck*ng CURB!
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2007, 09:43:37 pm »

after this, I realized that 7th or 8th grade me had set my AIM to use Comic Sans. I had been speaking, and Comic Sans was my voice.

I contemplated getting a new screenname to end the shame, but "theinevitable" and "the_inevitable" weren't available-- neither was my real name. So, there goes that. I really think they need to go through and take out all the screennames that haven't been used in 5 years or more.

Ironically, I know the guy who has my Real Name as a screenname. Ah, facebook. So, I guess it's not really irony.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

keithcozz

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Jul 2007 - HE WANTS TO TASTE THE fuck*ng CURB!
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2007, 12:41:57 am »

This strip sucked.  Who the fuck knows what "comic sans" is?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Jul 2007 - HE WANTS TO TASTE THE fuck*ng CURB!
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2007, 12:47:35 am »

This strip sucked.  Who the fuck knows what "comic sans" is?

Basically everyone that posts on this board except you I would guess.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Jul 2007 - HE WANTS TO TASTE THE fuck*ng CURB!
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2008, 04:35:17 pm »

Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Jul 2007 - HE WANTS TO TASTE THE fuck*ng CURB!
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2008, 04:56:33 pm »

props for linkage. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Jul 2007 - HE WANTS TO TASTE THE fuck*ng CURB!
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2008, 01:31:35 pm »

What the hell has happened to college humour? Last time I went to that site it was where you go to see a guy get kicked in the balls by his room-mate.
Great video, except of course for comic sans being a good thing.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Jul 2007 - HE WANTS TO TASTE THE fuck*ng CURB!
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2014, 12:19:12 pm »

Guys I know we're supposed to create new threads but there can be no better home for this link than here: http://laughingsquid.com/comic-neue-a-redesigned-version-of-the-comic-sans-font/
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up