Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Poll

What's on your bumper

I don't deface my car with trivia
Nothing - haven't gotten my favourite thing made into one yet
Something PG or tamer
Something obscene
Something political
All my opinions are available on the back of my ride.
Something Achewood

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bumper stickers?  (Read 9255 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2007, 09:16:52 pm »

The decline in masonic membership is directly correlated to the advent of color television and the internet. People are more content these days to stay at home rather than entertain themselves with fraternal business. The same is true for almost every other group of the sort: elks lodges, odd fellows, VFW, american legion, etc. I was a DeMolay until I turned 21, and that branch of freemasonry is actually expanding and growing (its huge in Brazil for some reason). I joined freemasons because I have a huge respect for the long history and I've always enjoyed fraternal fellowship. The position of the catholic church has been dubious for a couple decades. Some cardinals have written with a neutral position while the previous pope reiterated a negative position, but not the penalty of excommunication.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2007, 10:01:35 pm »

The decline in masonic membership is directly correlated to the advent of color television and the internet. People are more content these days to stay at home rather than entertain themselves with fraternal business. The same is true for almost every other group of the sort: elks lodges, odd fellows, VFW, american legion, etc. I was a DeMolay until I turned 21, and that branch of freemasonry is actually expanding and growing (its huge in Brazil for some reason). I joined freemasons because I have a huge respect for the long history and I've always enjoyed fraternal fellowship. The position of the catholic church has been dubious for a couple decades. Some cardinals have written with a neutral position while the previous pope reiterated a negative position, but not the penalty of excommunication.

German soccer and now the Masons?



Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -∞
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2007, 10:44:25 pm »

As a recovering Catholic, I am definitely less disinclined toward Worldwide Global Conspiracies that are anti-Catholic.

If one of them HAS to win... and I suppose one of them does... I'd definitely take the Masons over the Scientologists or the Republicans or Facebook or something like that.

If the Catholics are specifically against you, you can't be all bad.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2007, 10:53:22 pm »

German soccer and now the Masons?



Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -∞

It might just as well be. 100 cans or -100 cans has the same end effect on me.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2007, 11:31:46 pm »

It might just as well be. 100 cans or -100 cans has the same end effect on me.

But . . . but . . . how will you know if you're cool?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2007, 03:32:14 am »

By how well your fantasy teams are doing*.

Duh.

*I will be much less cool when football comes around.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2007, 03:54:11 am »

By how well your fantasy teams are doing*.

Duh.

*I will be much less cool when football comes around.

That's the second shot I've taken from you guys today.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2007, 04:59:24 am »

We kid because we love, 'Bu.

We kid because we love.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up